Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 03:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
And I have dated off and on forever, but I don't sleep with everyone I have dated. Some of us can go awhile without a relationship AND still stay chaste during that time.

I may never find the right match either, but I won't opt for mediocre sex in its' place.
TOTALLY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 03:35 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
And I have dated off and on forever, but I don't sleep with everyone I have dated. Some of us can go awhile without a relationship AND still stay chaste during that time.

I may never find the right match either, but I won't opt for mediocre sex in its' place.
Well said. That's my life too. And I like it.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
What if cats could stop being cats and be dogs. I have one suggestion for you. Step AWAY from the computer>Go to nearest bookstore>Grab the first copy you see of Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus>Read>Come back to internet>Post thoughts. Something tells me you're going to see things in a whole new light.
Also "Smart Women, Stupid Choices."

There are actually a myriad of books about this. "Things Women Do to Mess up their Lives"

Old 05-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Also "Smart Women, Stupid Choices."

There are actually a myriad of books about this. "Things Women Do to Mess up their Lives"
But, clearly, AS SEEN ON CD, men do just as much to mess up their lives, just different things than we do. Let's promote books for them too.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Okay. Instead of throwing around 'she's slept around.' someone asked what are the 'numbers' for women to qualify for that? Also what if women thought the way you guys did: "We only want men who's had 1 or 2 partners, period." Bottom line: you guys want your cake and eat it too.
When you say "we only want men with one or 2 partners" you mean for a fling? Or longterm relationship? I need clarification

Another thing, guys will Have flings or FWB relationships with promiscuous women but they're never going to be in relationships with them

However the problem with whay you said above is, that it would never happen because women don't care about the number of people a guy has had sex with.... But guys do. In fact alot of women are intrigued by being with a man who many women found phsyically attractive. "There's something he must be doing right in the bedroom if all these girls have slept with him". I've heard things along those lines from several women. It's also one of the reasons why guys say they get more attention when they have a girlfriend then the times they are single.

A guy will NEVER be turned down for a relationship because he was too promiscuous, but a female on the other hand

Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When you say "we only want men with one or 2 partners" you mean for a fling? Or longterm relationship? I need clarification

However the problem with whay you said above is, that it would never happen because women don't care about the number of people a guy has had sex with.... But guys do. In fact alot of women are intrigued by being with a man who many women found phsyically attractive. "There's something he must be doing right in the bedroom if all these girls have slept with him". I've heard things along those lines from several women. It's also one of the reasons why guys say they get more attention when they have a girlfriend then the times they are single.

A guy will NEVER be turned down for a relationship because he was too promiscuous, but a female on the other hand
Another good point. It only makes sense to want something that everyone else wants as well.

Who wants something no one else wants? If no one is interested, it raises red flags.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Another thing, guys will Have flings or FWB relationships with promiscuous women but they're never going to be in relationships with them

Women are intrigued by men THEY find attractive. Most of us don't give a crap what the next woman thinks/thought of him.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
How would you even know if a woman has been promiscuous? What if she lies about her past?

And btw, having a lot of women has nothing to do with prowess in the bedroom. It has everything to do with having the right m.o. and targeting vulnerable women, or in some cases, just being good-looking. See, thinking it's about the bedroom is the way guys think. You all assume it's all about your organ. Reality couldn't be farther from the truth. Another guy projecting a guy's mindset onto women... That's C-D for you.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is so utterly ridiculous! You're assuming that just because a woman's attractive she's into being promiscuous. It's the guys who are more into being players (except for the shy guys, hi, shy guys, I know you're there! ) It's guys who have a much more challenging time going without sex. It's guys who are more likely to remarry after divorce.

Women cannot have sex with a lot of people, just like that, at the drop of a hat. Not that they'd want to, anyway. But what do you think women do, just walk out the door and bag the first guy who walks by, or hang out on a street corner until someone picks her up? Get REAL!!

I never said she's into being promiscuous I said that she can EASILY be promiscuous. Let's be honest, with all the horny and willing guys out here an attractive woman as you put it can pretty Much have sex with most of the guys she wants and pretty easily.

That's why it's not respected. Because it's easy.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
But, clearly, AS SEEN ON CD, men do just as much to mess up their lives, just different things than we do. Let's promote books for them too.
I wish I knew of some...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships