Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,276,179 times

Advertisements

What I find interesting is that I said nothing about having a million sexual partners, but the first thing everyone thinks when I mention a women not having an emotional attachment to a man she's sleeping with, everyone yells "SL*T"!!!

Speaks volumes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,669,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
So the consensus here is that women have more to risk so that's why they form this insatiable emotional attachment?

Remove pregnancy from the equation. Then what?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ep-things.html
Maybe he should try:

'Love Hormone' Promotes Bonding: Could It Treat Anxiety?

"He adds that people with schizophrenia or autism often avoid eye-to-eye gaze, focus on less relevant areas of the face, and avoid meaningful social contact." - interesting....

Maybe you just never hit stage 3:
The science of love

Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,624,262 times
Because women are all about how they feel. Men are not.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
The pill is a joke. It's as effective as asking a guy to put on a condom.

Yeh and those never break or leak or fall off.

But I guess you can just go get an abortion. But there are risks despite what your moral stance is on it.

Abortion Risks: A list of major physical complications related to abortion | After Abortion

One set of complications for another.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Yeh and those never break or leak or fall off.

But I guess you can just go get an abortion. But there are risks despite what your moral stance is on it.

Abortion Risks: A list of major physical complications related to abortion | After Abortion

One set of complications for another.
I guess you're not getting my sarcasm. I am saying neither are effective forms of birth control. People who think they are, are highly misinformed.

I'm not sure what the relevance of this is to women not having an emotional attachment to a man she is sleeping with.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,492,547 times
Quote:
I have managed to disconnect a lot of the emotional attachment that goes along with sex (unless I am in a relationship with someone I love) and let me tell you how much easier it is. .... What if women could step away from that, have sex and not necessarily have emotional attachments, but rather, to fulfill a need.Thoughts?
Okay, my thoughts are how sad for you that you share your body with someone you do not care about, and then expect others to become just as detached as yourself. Not that you don't have many just like you to associate with, if you could call it an association.

Personally, sex without emotional attachment is not a need for me. In fact, the idea leaves me cold. Why not just get yourself a toy?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
What I find interesting is that I said nothing about having a million sexual partners, but the first thing everyone thinks when I mention a women not having an emotional attachment to a man she's sleeping with, everyone yells "SL*T"!!!

Speaks volumes.

Its not a numbers game.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/**** (broken link)

" a slovenly woman"

Slovenly = excessive carelessness/casual

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its not a numbers game.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/**** (broken link)

" a slovenly woman"

Slovenly = excessive carelessness/casual
So a women cant be cautious and careful unless she attaches emotions to sex?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I guess you're not getting my sarcasm. I am saying neither are effective forms of birth control. People who think they are, are highly misinformed.

I'm not sure what the relevance of this is to women not having an emotional attachment to a man she is sleeping with.

Well you can see my other post on that. You said its so complicated to have sex and care about the person. I am just pointing out its complicated when sex enters the picture no matter what your feelings are. So why be cheap about it? We can't all be disassociated sociopaths even if we want to.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
So a women cant be cautious and careful unless she attaches emotions to sex?
Casual sex = you don't care = careless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships