Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 PM

178 posts, read 375,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Hmm, textbook example of the species known as "Alan Alda-Phil Donahue Clone" better known by it's scientific name White Knightus Feminitis Genus. In other words, a male who sees everything exclusively from female perspective. These individuals seem to get some sort of satisfaction from receiving praise from unknown women on internet forums he will never meet or know.

On CD Forum, they can typically be identified by their high posting counts and large number of rep points. Behavior patterns usually include efforts to stay in good graces with the Sisterhood. Such individuals will never post anything remotely critical of women and usually act as the main attack dog against male posters who haven't been indoctrinated into the feminist cause.

Prospects for survival of this species are uncertain. Heavy doses of unqualified slavering can be known to have toxic effects over time, which may result in a complete loss of identity. Future study is need to judge long term effects.
Yep, these guys are chodes, incurable betas. They give the same road kill advice women do on this forum. I feel sorry for them because although they may believe otherwise, these are the same spineless guys women look down on for a serous potential LTR. They think they are learning dating skills by kissing erse onlne with females here.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,850,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
As a matter of fact, go make up a fake male profile online and just see how hard it is to get a woman to talk to you. One woman did this and had her results posted on her blog, she said she had no idea how hard it was for a man to engage in conversation with a woman.

So very true. Women SAY that they want a man who is a good conversationalist but the experience such men have belies this.

What they are really saying is that they want someone to unload on.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,009,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
So very true. Women SAY that they want a man who is a good conversationalist but the experience such men have belies this.

What they are really saying is that they want someone to unload on.
Haha, really?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,010,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think the very fact it would be unacceptable to say anything which makes whites seem better than blacks shows there IS a double standard when it comes to this.

I think what some men are frustrated with is that very few women seem to believe/acknowledge that some double standard exists. They're not denying that some men are bitter/can be sexist, it's just that they firmly believe that men on the whole DO get more flak for being anti-woman than vice-versa, in mainstream society at least.

Now THIS...

Yes, even I cannot argue against the "fact" of double standards. Unfortunately, playing fields vary widely and people seldom have the intelligence, let alone the applicable insights or ability to comprehend that every argument has at LEAST two sides, and quite possibly more.

One of the clearest illustrations from my own past (and FAR-FAR-FAR-FAR-FAR from the only one) was a woman I used to live with back in Japan. She was stocky, athletic, packed some solid muscle on her frame for all that she was shapely and could be extremely feminine. And she was generally ROUGH, to boot. But she carried around a WHOLE lot of that "feminine unaccountability" notion so highly popularized during the 80's-thru-00's (which I THANKFULLY see finally dying slowly away!) so that she simply couldn't see any side of what she was saying beyond her own. She was VERY fond of espousing all the things "everybody KNOWS" about teh Menz, NONE of it good.

She thought NOTHING of "playfully" blind-siding me on a physical level, absolutely SLAMMING into me as I rounded a corner, bouncing me off the far wall.

Now, don't get me wrong; I LOVE rough play, but she couldn't see that when totally unexpected in attack she was capable of actually causing HARM. One day she did this DESPITE multiple entreaties from me about how while I liked rough play I was getting roughed up very inopportunely.

But I was just "being a baby" according to her.

On this occasion I not only braced myself, I pivoted the hips and twisted my shoulder, the result being that she bounced/flew away from me at pretty much the speed with which she had approached me and bounced off of THAT wall.

Suddenly it wasn't so funny. Suddenly she was angry, VERY upset over the injustice of it all, and ranting about how men are so stupid over these things. She was infuriated with me because -- in her words -- "I was only playing! You're bigger than me! You didn't have to use your full strength on me, that's not fair!"

I could never manage to get through to her:

1. You just got a taste of what you've been doing to me. She didn't see it that way, because NO ONE ever does.

2. I didn't use my full strength. Very little of it, in fact. If I did, you'd be dead. Wrap your little mind around that. She couldn't grasp this, absolutely could not.

Later that very evening at a gathering of friends elsewhere, the women suddenly came rushing out of the kitchen to confront me en masse because how dare I be brutal with her, how dare I exhibit the slightest violence, how dare I ABUSE, when all she was doing was PLAYING. I should be MAN enough and TOUGH enough to take the playful gestures of a little ol' GIRL! (Make special note of the SHAMING LANGUAGE and DOUBLE STANDARD utilized.)

Double standards are real, and they strike everywhere, in myriad forms, AGAINST both genders.

Then again -- what can we necessarily DO about them? Because without them a large number of people on both sides WOULD be suddenly excluded from [insert activity here].

In the military for the PT test (Physical Training):

- men are required to do more pushups than women because tests clearly demonstrate that men have greater upper-body strength than women; this is ACTUALLY the written justification given on an official level when this question has been brought up

- men are required to do a faster run -- the justification being that men have greater proportional (read that word again: PROPORTIONAL) lower body strength and aerobic capacity. Odd, since all the literature I've ever read says precisely the opposite.

- men are required to do more situps, DESPITE that even the military acknowledges that women have greater proportional abdominal strength.

Women want to be in combat. I know none of the women HERE want to be in combat, but there is a general PUSH by womens' groups to BE allowed in combat -- and yet women do not have the same REQUIREMENTS for QUALIFICATION for these positions.

These are life-and-death positions; but the "standards" are LOWERED in order to allow women to participate -- because IF they weren't, then far, far fewer women COULD qualify.

Don't get me wrong; I'm all FOR it, think it should be mandatory -- period. You wanna be a soldier, you're gonna go to the front same as the guys.

I believe this garbage on both sides comes and goes in waves, so I do my best to bow out of it, mind my own and stay to the side, except for discussion.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM

29,732 posts, read 34,340,471 times
We had this thread come up a while back: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ined-hate.html
and while a lot of posters thought it was over the top, after reading this thread, certain points from the article referenced have come up.

Quote:
And now you see the problem. From birth we're taught that we're owed a beautiful girl. We all think of ourselves as the hero of our own story, and we all (whether we admit it or not) think we're heroes for just getting through our day.

So it's very frustrating, and I mean frustrating to the point of violence, when we don't get what we're owed. A contract has been broken. These women, by exercising their own choices, are denying it to us. It's why every Nice Guy is shocked to find that buying gifts for a girl and doing her favors won't win him sex. It's why we go to "****" and "*****" as our default insults -- we're not mad that women enjoy sex. We're mad that women are distributing to other people the sex that they owed us.
[LEFT]
Read more: 5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women | Cracked.com 5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women | Cracked.com
[/LEFT]
The above is a point that's definitely been alluded to.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 AM

691 posts, read 1,426,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We had this thread come up a while back: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ined-hate.html
Then why do you always hear WOMEN complaining about "where have all the good guys gone!!!". Seems like to me, they're the ones that think their owed a good mate, more than the guys are!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 AM

40,948 posts, read 49,132,801 times
Great post Urban, tried to rep you but couldn't.

Life is not equal or fair and it is in how you present the story on what people hear. Everyone has some (their) version of the truth.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,009,294 times
^ I'm not American so I'm not sure what 'blind-siding' means exactly...Is it kind of liking bumping/shepherding somebody? If you told her you don't like it, and she still does it - beyond being playful, that just shows disrespect on her part. I actually don't like people who purposely annoy you because they think it's funny. It's like grow up already.

Yeah I do feel for you Urban...I mean while men can't be throwing around women, women should understand that just because they are weaker doesn't mean they can't hurt or do serious damage to men too.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 AM

40,948 posts, read 49,132,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ I'm not American so I'm not sure what 'blind-siding' means exactly...Is it kind of liking bumping/shepherding somebody? If you told her you don't like it, and she still does it - beyond being playful, that just shows disrespect on her part. I actually don't like people who purposely annoy you because they think it's funny. It's like grow up already.

Yeah I do feel for you Urban...I mean while men can't be throwing around women, women should understand that just because they are weaker doesn't mean they can't hurt or do serious damage to men too.
Blind side is an American football term for hitting or catching someone from their "Blind" side where they don't see you and you get hit unexpectedly.

I've had a few guy friends who have gotten beat on by their women. The 1st time they defend themselves they go to jail for abuse. Definitely a double standard when it comes to physical violence between men & women.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,010,302 times
"blind-siding" is slamming into someone unexpectedly and from the side or behind, the intent being to shove/push them down/away/into something, such as tackling during football.

I'm a fair-sized guy, about 5'11-ish (give or take according to who's doing the measure) and broad-shouldered, barrel-chested, farm-raised and solidly built -- and I enjoy rough-housing around; but like it or not, that doesn't make me indestructible, doesn't mean suddenly getting slammed from one side when I am NOT expecting it doesn't hurt, or knock my skull on a corner or an edge, or totally knock me down. This chick couldn't seem to grasp it but did NOT like having the tables turned, not in the least.

Then again this woman was absolutely convinced that a kick "down there" for a woman was somehow MEASURED to hurt MORE than a kick in the yajtsy for a guy -- absolutely convinced of the alleged validity of this!

Like MANY who walk around screaming so one-sidedly on issues in general, I have come to the conclusion she wasn't firing on all thrusters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships