Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Unless you are Chris Jericho, time to lay off that word a tad. Makes it seem like you have a word of the day calendar.
Learned it on either the SAT or GRE a long time ago, and never forgot it. It's not trendy for me. It's a word for which few others paint as good a picture.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, and thank you for twisting my words. You are so invested in this that you dug up an ANCIENT post where I indicated I would listen to my Dad more than my Mom. Back on topic, the current screwed-up state of male-female relations, a 50+% divorce rate, having to hire a divorce attorney, and a decrease in financial QOL are all something to hate. Sorry, but these were not a part of my reality in my household.
Why do people on here like to make up divorce rates that have no basis in reality? What's the point? Besides - I thought it was closer to 120%.

The funny thing is that in real life - I don't see this gender war thing at all. I've never thought of my friends in these terms at all. For some reason, on this forum, it seems like every little thing gets turned into a gender war. Someone complains about a guy not tipping well and suddenly all women are gold diggers. A woman complains about a guy lying to her and suddenly all men are liars. I just don't get it. It must be really hard to go through life being afraid of the opposite sex. Sounds exhausting!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
No, and thank you for twisting my words. You are so invested in this that you dug up an ANCIENT post where I indicated I would listen to my Dad more than my Mom.
Raking and Djuna were responding to a post stating "Real men don't hate". You subsequently responded to them about being a realist. There is no twisting of your words. You are bringing up your mom and dad, not me.

You either think misogyny is normal and natural or you do not.

Quote:
Back on topic, the current screwed-up state of male-female relations, a 50+% divorce rate, having to hire a divorce attorney, and a decrease in financial QOL are all something to hate. Sorry, but these were not a part of my reality in my household.
You may be having screwed up male-female relations and others may be keeping you company, but you don't speak for all.

And to state it again, it is not normal or healthy to hold a degree of misogyny. No way, No how.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why do people on here like to make up divorce rates that have no basis in reality? What's the point? Besides - I thought it was closer to 120%.

The funny thing is that in real life - I don't see this gender war thing at all. I've never thought of my friends in these terms at all. For some reason, on this forum, it seems like every little thing gets turned into a gender war. Someone complains about a guy not tipping well and suddenly all women are gold diggers. A woman complains about a guy lying to her and suddenly all men are liars. I just don't get it. It must be really hard to go through life being afraid of the opposite sex. Sounds exhausting!
I don't see it offline either. What I do see are wing nuts online engaged in all kinds of interpersonal wars with themselves, genders, races, whoever.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Raking and Djuna were responding to a post stating "Real men don't hate". You subsequently responded to them about being a realist. There is no twisting of your words. You are bringing up your mom and dad, not me.

You either think misogyny is normal and natural or you do not.

You may be having screwed up male-female relations and others may be keeping you company, but you don't speak for all.

And to state it again, it is not normal or healthy to hold a degree of misogyny. No way, No how.
I mentioned it once, when your screen name didn't even register. You kept it filed away to pull out as needed. You know, an MLS might have been a good option for you.

No. I watch these screwed-up relations from the sidelines. People don't live under a rock. They listen to what happens to their friends, classmates, neighbors and acquaintances, not to mention those relayed in the media and the press.

Lastly, I don't see how you can schedule this much time away from a supposedly healthy marriage to be here, when people in "engaged" relationships would be spending "prime time" with their SOs.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Learned it on either the SAT or GRE a long time ago, and never forgot it. It's not trendy for me. It's a word for which few others paint as good a picture.
A much better word for whom you are aiming, is poser.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I mentioned it once, when your screen name didn't even register. You kept it filed away to pull out as needed. You know, an MLS might have been a good option for you.
Why are you bringing it up? I don't get the reasoning. You responded to a post that stated a degree of misogyny is healthy and normal. That's the only thing under discussion, not your folks.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24250779-post145.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24251276-post150.html

Quote:
No. I watch these screwed-up relations from the sidelines. People don't live under a rock. They listen to what happens to their friends, classmates, neighbors and acquaintances, not to mention those relayed in the media and the press.
Perhaps it's a California thing. Massachusetts does have the lowest divorce rate in the country. I don't see it among my people at great rates. I see quite the opposite.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Why are you bringing it up? I don't get the reasoning. You responded to a post that stated a degree of misogyny is healthy and normal. That's the only thing under discussion, not your folks.

Perhaps it's a California thing. Massachusetts does have the lowest divorce rate in the country. I don't see it among my people at great rates. I see quite the opposite.
That is correct. Any man who sits there with a mouth open to catch flies at ALL women, including those who are obviously liabilities to him from the get-go, SHOULD put those women into the "worthless" pile.

It's not a state-by-state thing in the least. I didn't relate this to geographic location. My relatives live in 3 Pacific states, NY, NJ, CT, VA and FL. It's related to VALUES.

It's 10:15 pm over there, go snuggle with your husband.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Without naming names...
No need to name names love, regular posters know.

Is anger hate?? Maybe so. What they want is extinct or perhaps never existed and the reason for failed relationship or the lack of relationships.

Want traditional women in every sense.........but........... $$$$financial.

A women who can support herself isn't interested in their male entitlement and slavery.

:::shrug:::

Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No need to name names love, regular posters know.

Is anger hate?? Maybe so. What they want is extinct or perhaps never existed and the reason for failed relationship or the lack of relationships.
What's amazing is all the women posters here who angrily VOLLEY have locked profiles. So what's your status? Single mom? How many divorces under your belt?

No, they exist. They come from nuclear homes. They are attractive and "feminine." They were conscientious enough to go get an education and planned to work at a career after a child or two gets into elementary school. They don't feel that belonging to a religion sucks the life out of them. They went off the shelf quickly, and their husbands know they struck gold. Their husbands don't cheat and, if they did a time or two, they came to their senses real quick and stopped it. They are still married to who they started out with, even in the New Millenium. Extinct? We're not talking dinosaurs here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships