Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 09:58 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,713,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
This is why guys are puzzled when they hear women say they find Russell Crowe to be hot, or Jude Law or even Daniel Craig. Not to mention an earlier thread I made that proved that women love country music stars.
Really? I've heard plenty of women fawning over all three of these, especially Russell Crowe, and I can't say I was puzzled. I mainly just thought, "Well yeah, naturally you think Russell Crowe is hot."

Quote:
Janeane Garafolo has a great personality, is funny and has appeal but is not attractive nor do I know many guys that would be all over her like a rash.
I find Janeane Garofalo very attractive, most of the time. I have seen a few pictures where she definitely wasn't looking her best, but overall I'd choose her over a lot of other women who are supposedly "hot". But then, I prefer "cute" over "hot" any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,931,839 times
Guys do have a wide variety they find sexy, some men like thicker women. It's more a face thing where guys don't differ much in what they consider to be a pretty face. Women have all kinds of weird face preferences like how a lot think Adrien Brody or Matt Smith are good looking. There are almost no women I can think of with an ugly face in Hollywood except Lisa Lampinelli.

Quote:
The guy is skinny and has a mad receding hairline. The only thing I think that's appealing about him is his character, personality and confidence.

Janeane Garafolo has a great personality, is funny and has appeal but is not attractive nor do I know many guys that would be all over her like a rash.
She looked good in the 90's, when I was a teen I definitely wanted to jump her, she has nice lips and booty.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,805,265 times
Quote:

Daniel Craig is unattractive to me. He looks like an elf, but I can understand it's his swagger that wins ladies over.
Exactly.

Confidence tends to push men over.

(Oh being able to sing, dress well and cook can also make you hotter as well).

Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Daniel Craig I can understand either...I always thought he looked like too Russian, like one of the bad guys, to be Bond.
I like the idea of Idris Elba as Jame Bond. He seems really suave and he's British!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

BTW, Janeane Garofalo is very attractive, even today in her 40s (and I'm not being biased cuz we share the same progressive politics). I remember that dog movie she played a supposively frumpy women next to Uma Thurman. The movie was ridiculous because Janeane was far cuter and appealing than Barbie (Uma).
Yeah that made no sense to me too. I think Uma is unusual looking. Definitely not textbook pretty. She seemed like an odd choice for that role.

But that movie had my favorite band on the soundtrack so it got a few bonus points.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM

5,654 posts, read 5,145,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
all the time women say this, what are they supposed to say "i want Jude Law." They can say that but most women have realistic ideas that it ain't gonna happen, though sure it would probably be nice -- still I don't see women feeling 'entitled' to a hot man can't the same vice versa.

So you all don't drool over the hottest girls only women do this? Really?

this post make it seem like all you 'poor' guys want is: 'the nice cool laid back girl, who's not so bad looking' and women want these unrealistically, unattainable hot men. What a twilight zone flip if ever there was one.

yea right. you're selling but I'm not buying.
My wife didn't go for a pretty boy, i certainly went for the gorgeous girl though.

I suppose i'm just shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships