U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,067,077 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't have dated a married man, a man recently divorced(with in a year), nor would I date a man with children under 15, nor would I date a bald man, its ok if he goes bald afterwards but not at first...I wouldn't date a man shorter than myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 AM

15,135 posts, read 17,666,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm going to be honest, I dated a girl last year who didn't like music period. I love music so much and it's the part of me that keeps me sane and creative in my otherwise bored and mundane accounting job in the boring and mundane DC metro area. She said she hated music, she called my piano/guitar playing a waste of time. We drifted apart for other reasons (though we're still friends), but, as ridiculous as it sounds, I don't think I can date another girl who doesn't like music. It just seems so boring and vague: a life without music. I love a woman who loves art, be it visual, audible, or what have you. It just shows some soul, feeling and helps me gauge a lot about someone.
I won't date huge fans of the following colleges; U or Kentucky, U of Virginia, and Duke.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 AM

8,635 posts, read 4,868,517 times
No germans. Ever.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM

24,693 posts, read 19,088,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No germans. Ever.
And vee Germans vant no part in dating you Swiss, either!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM

28,114 posts, read 23,671,787 times
I won't date anyone who cannot spell.
I won't date anyone who does not have a firm grasp of English grammar.
I could not be sexually attracted to anyone who used cutesy abbreviations for the purposes of texting. (I just would not have any respect for them.)

I won't date anyone who makes the statement, "I am bad at _______. I just can't do it. So I don't even bother." That could be math, directions, driving, etc. First of all, why are you advertising your incompetence (often proudly)? And second of all, I respect people who work on their deficiencies. The other smacks of slackerism.

No extremists...with regard to religion, politics, etc.

No picky eaters. If you are not allergic, act like a grown up and try new things.

No flakes.

Last edited by stan4; 05-11-2012 at 08:01 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM

4,231 posts, read 2,761,812 times
In order of importance...

A.) No momma's boys. If you have to call your mother to ask when you should take a s**t, that's a problem

B.) Sheltered or people with little life experience. (I will have absolutely nothing in common with you)

C.) Someone who isn't absolutely obsessed with music. Music is my life.

D.) Someone who isn't articulate.

Other's are more common deal breakers, but those are the possible oddities.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 AM

19,127 posts, read 14,874,141 times
I have a few general dealbreakers, but nothing is set in stone

Superficially, I dont like guys who drive big lifted trucks and guys who are gym worshippers. It's one thing to like working out and being healthy, a whole different one when your abs are your entire personality.

I also won't date a guy who uses shaming language regarding a girls looks. If you make fun of 'fat chicks', I'll walk away.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 AM

822 posts, read 547,836 times
I'll never date a girl who posts to internet forums.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM

18,868 posts, read 15,632,443 times
Don't like animals....next!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM

674 posts, read 526,264 times
If I ever were to date again, I promise you my patience for game playing would be extremely limited. The only woman I had a long term relationship with from online dating did something very different from the rest: she didn't play phone games. She answered when I called. She responded to texts almost right away. She called me proactively when she wanted to.

One thing I hate, and have absolutely ZERO patience for is a woman who will purposely wait 24 hours or more before responding or returning my call. We live in a technology age with mass communication and mobile devices with around the clock access to the network. If you don't call me back same day or respond to my text with something that at least says "hey I'm busy can't talk now" then I know you're playing games and I would want absolutely nothing to do with you.

I would consider that my "odd" deal breaker.

Also, I would try to find out if a woman has ever cheated in her past as early as I could without sabotaging the date. If she has cheated, I will walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships