Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm...

When I get home, she greets me with a giant smile, holding a cold drink.

"Here, sip this," she says. "While I polish that road dirt off your Ferrari."

I settle in my favorite chair, pet my son's head, chuck my dog's chin, and put my feet up. My favorite show is cued up on the tube, and there is a plate of my favorite snacks next to me...not too many, though. Don't want to ruin dinner.

After I've shed the stress of the day, we all go for a walk together, and then we play ball outside (or swim or bike).

After a shower, we gather together around the table, and she serves up her latest brilliant culinary concoction. "I made reservations for our next trip to Hawaii," she murmurs. "I hope you don't mind staying right ON the beach." I laugh amiably and we settle into a fun, sometimes heated, sometimes humorous, intellectually-provoking debate about some latest political intrigue or literary criticism or financial strategy...

After dinner, we all play Trivial Pursuit or Pictionary or watch Jeopardy on tv and try to outguess each other.

Then it's bedtime...

Well...heheheheheheheheheheh...you can guess what happens next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hmmmm...

When I get home, she greets me with a giant smile, holding a cold drink.

"Here, sip this," she says. "While I polish that road dirt off your Ferrari."

I settle in my favorite chair, pet my son's head, chuck my dog's chin, and put my feet up. My favorite show is cued up on the tube, and there is a plate of my favorite snacks next to me...not too many, though. Don't want to ruin dinner.

After I've shed the stress of the day, we all go for a walk together, and then we play ball outside (or swim or bike).

After a shower, we gather together around the table, and she serves up her latest brilliant culinary concoction. "I made reservations for our next trip to Hawaii," she murmurs. "I hope you don't mind staying right ON the beach." I laugh amiably and we settle into a fun, sometimes heated, sometimes humorous, intellectually-provoking debate about some latest political intrigue or literary criticism or financial strategy...

After dinner, we all play Trivial Pursuit or Pictionary or watch Jeopardy on tv and try to outguess each other.

Then it's bedtime...

Well...heheheheheheheheheheh...you can guess what happens next.
How about all this in reverse.....?

And about that Ferrari-polishing... be sure to provide the Carlack and then let her take it out for a rip....

Old 06-24-2012, 09:33 AM

403 posts, read 867,130 times
Respect, honesty & compromise.

25yrs later hubby still opens doors for me, I never wake up or go to sleep without hearing I love you or receiving a kiss. We have worked out his & hers chores before we got married, we are still responsible for them to this day, We do help each other w chores. We compromise. A perfect example is we just went furniture shopping, we decided on a style & what pieces we wanted, then when we picked them out we had to choose upholstery choices. I agree to 3-4 choices then he chooses from those. He is pickier than me so me giving a range I like helps him narrow it down. If he doesn't like any of my choices then I pick new ones or explain why one is a fave. It works well, no arguments.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM

254 posts, read 341,363 times
Honesty and respect. Understand that we are with eachother and no one else. None of this oxymoron bullcrap of wanting to try an, "open relationship/marriage." I do not tolerate cheating or the thought that you want to cheat.

Stability. We are open and honest about our financial future, and we aren't afraid of living modestly if we have to. But we are definately working towards our financial independance.

Isn't a stickler about gender roles. You don't mind rolling your sleeves up once in a while and helping me with the dishes, and I'll help you by cutting the grass or fixing something under the sink.

Understands that it's 50/50 or nothing. To me a relationship is very black and white. There is no grey area. If you love that person above all others, then show it to each other. It's give and take on BOTH ends.

Loving. Isn't afraid to show a loving/gentle side. Even in public or infront of his friends.

Isn't going to be disappointed in me when life happens and vice versa. In other words, you and I decided to have children, you're not going to be upset or disappointed in me if I don't live my life by a weight scale at that moment, and decide that taking care of our child, home and my work can't wait. When I'm able to have more free time, I'll look at working out then. In the meantime, you understand it's a part of life and you're happy I'm more worried about handling my responsibilities instead of just my extra baby weight. Isn't it about the quality of person anyway?

Sense of humor and isn't afraid to keep the spark alive. Something we both should do.

We stick with each other through the good AND the bad. Self explanitory.

That's all I can think of now. Anything else, I'll add them later.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
How about all this in reverse.....?

And about that Ferrari-polishing... be sure to provide the Carlack and then let her take it out for a rip....
Ha! She is always welcome, but she has her own!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Don't limit yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships