Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM

133 posts, read 192,434 times

Advertisements

Im in a fwb thing for the last few months and Im loving it. I can admit that I have feelings for this person. My feelings are pretty strong but I feel like neither she or I would have much fun in a traditional relationship. I just got out of a relationship and she has no time for one.
I kind of feel like the fun is the fact that we choose to see each other exclusively by choice. I dont know how I feel about her seeing other people (I dont see why she would need to ) but I would never try to control her.
I care alot. Is this unhealthy to think about her so much ? Would it be better for us both if I developed another friendship to take my mind off of her so much so we can keep it casual?
We hang out alot , share secrets, help eachother with things , we have gone on some trips we chat all the time but we are not "girlfriends" Should I get another girl so I can bring my feelings down a notch for my first friend? Is it ok to feel like you are falling in love with your fwb and do nothing about it ? I dont even really want to see another girl but dont want to move forward yet, or go crazy either.

Thanks Guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 04:26 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
No, just enjoy what you have but throttle the feelings back a little, unless she also expresses feelings. I have had some really good relationships as FWB.

The trick to any relationship is communication and staying on the same page.

Also know WHY each of you have chosen to be FWB versus BF/GF....if those roadblocks are insurmountable then throttle back, if you both feel, however, that they can be overcome, then proceed into a regular LTR.

Best of luck and enjoy!

Old 05-11-2012, 04:36 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
get 20 and play mix and match.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
What if you get another girl, get friends for her too, and end up a polygamist?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I think if you don't have several fwb, you are in a "girlfriend" type relationship but just choosing to call it something else... better go get another person, otherwise things will be "obvious" and "assumed" by the other party... even if it didn't start out like that...

Old 05-11-2012, 04:47 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
The most I've ever had at one time is 2

Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM

133 posts, read 192,434 times
I have just never had this feeling where I like someone so much it gives me butterflies. I almost like her so much that i want to run away. We love to be around eachother. But I dont want to rush forward and ruin it. Thanks for the advice. You are appreciated .

Old 05-11-2012, 05:37 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Enjoy it, seems like FWB is the thing nowadays. In many ways, as long as you get out of it what you want, its superior to being shackled in some relationship you dont want to be in.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM

67 posts, read 112,871 times
Wow, just been there...if you feel more and aren't sure if she's interested, ask her. If you do know it's not on her radar, harness your feelings or move on.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinaround1 View Post
I have just never had this feeling where I like someone so much it gives me butterflies. I almost like her so much that i want to run away. We love to be around eachother. But I dont want to rush forward and ruin it. Thanks for the advice. You are appreciated .
OP, I think you are on dangerous ground. And see this is where the whole FWB thing gets muddy sometimes.

In my opinion, the whole FWB idea is that things will be kept CASUAL. Meaning sex, some good times, and that is it. No girlfriend/boyfriend/relationship type thing. No feelings. But, what usually happens with these FWB situations is someone catches feelings, and eventually wants more.

To me, the feelings you are describing isnt a FWB thing, its someone who has deep feelings and wants a relationship with the other person. And see feelings like that arent supposed to be what a FWB situation is about. Unless I havent read the latest memo yet.

Because if you two like each other so much, then why dont you just date, or enter into a more serious relationship? How is it that you can sleep together, hang out, talk, tell each other your secrets, but yet say its only a FWB situation? Why wont you guys change that 'status'? Its easy for one person to say they dont have time for a boyfriend, yet you guys are obviously still spending some time together, in person, on phone, etc. Heck, there are people I know having long distance relationships that dont get to spend that much time together, and still consider themselves in a relationship, not FWB.

It sounds like you would be all for a relationship. But..does SHE feel the same way? Because if she truly did, I think you two would be a couple already. Tread lightly. She may be having a good time, but her true feelings may not be as deep as yours. And there is nothing you can say, because you knew upfront what the deal was; FWB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships