Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 05:11 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
In my opinion..
I believe...
I'm not saying its right..
But I think its human nature. It's not about just gender.
If we all had 458 Italias and GTRs would they be anyhing special??

I believe a wuss makes himself to emotionally available so its not special when he shares his emotions. Women take it for granted.

I also believe that women want a strong, powerful, confident men because men are still seen as the leader, alpha gender, protector and the wuss is the exact opposite of it.

Women don't want he man but at the same times its a turn off to see a guy more emotional then snow white.

It's kind of like seeing a women spit dip into a bucket, scratch her armpits and let out a big fart.

Emotions are tied in with femininity and power is tied in with masculinity if that makes any sense.
Very intriguing...many thanks for the very helpful and valuable comments...it honestly makes a lot more sense to me now, vs. before...

Again thank you!! Some excellent points for me to reflect more on, for future referece...

Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The photo thing is one of the shortcomings of online dating. It leads people to weed out people they might otherwise find interesting and attractive. But people really do need to make the best of their photos, and not submit one's they've taken themselves.
I think you're right. I never did the online dating thing - and all the guys that I dated I had gotten to know somewhat before we went out. If I were looking at a bunch of pics - I might have an opinion on whether or not I thought they were attractive right off the bat - but in person, I usually hold off on such assessments until I've gotten to know them a bit better. Someone who I don't find that attractive at first can grow on me and vice versa - but online, you probably don't give that many people a chance. It's a shame.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:38 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I wasn't arguing against your point.....
oh ...well in that case..

Old 05-13-2012, 05:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
and all the guys that I dated I had gotten to know somewhat before we went out.
^^ This is the best way to go!
Quote:
Someone who I don't find that attractive at first can grow on me and vice versa
^^ and this is why.
Quote:
- but online, you probably don't give that many people a chance. It's a shame.
So true. It's like buying clothes from a catalogue; you have no idea what the quality is or the fit until you get it in the mail and try it on. Then you have to send it back, and it occurs to you that you either should have ordered a variety of stuff and tried it all, or should have gone to the store where you can have a close look at everything before you make a choice.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Very intriguing...many thanks for the very helpful and valuable comments...it honestly makes a lot more sense to me now, vs. before...

Again thank you!! Some excellent points for me to reflect more on, for future referece...
No problem.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
I think you're right. I never did the online dating thing - and all the guys that I dated I had gotten to know somewhat before we went out. If I were looking at a bunch of pics - I might have an opinion on whether or not I thought they were attractive right off the bat - but in person, I usually hold off on such assessments until I've gotten to know them a bit better. Someone who I don't find that attractive at first can grow on me and vice versa - but online, you probably don't give that many people a chance. It's a shame.

lol that's the reason why I won't even join a dating site. I'd waste all that time for it to sit there and not have it looked at by anyone!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
lol that's the reason why I won't even join a dating site. I'd waste all that time for it to sit there and not have it looked at by anyone!
We appreciate you, Froggie.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I think most of us here agree with your OP, and find it a refreshing change to the usual BS.
Well thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
worrying or concerning yourself about what women want is pointless.
you can be boring, exciting, unique, fat, tall, skinny, in shape, rich poor... it doesnt matter.
women WILL share themselves amongst men the moment they feel they can't get whatever it is they're looking for in you. if you were 'exciting' in the beginning but tapered off, there's a new man that will give them that excitement. if you attracted a girl with your money initially then stopped 'spoiling' her, she will find another man to spoil her.
women will be sharing themselves sooner or later. worrying about pleasing women is pointless.
I would but the thing between my legs, the chemical crap in my brain and that hormonal junk floating throughout my system won't let me...

In all seriousness women are far too beautiful and perfectly made too rule out.

There is nothing better then a women's undivided attention, love/lust and passion for you.

At least to me it is.
So I picked my path and I had to and still dealing with it.

I have come along way but its getting better for me..

I'm willing to put in the hardwork because its worth it.

Besides the things women require from men are the same things that better your life so I would be doing those same things anyway even if I was an asexual.

Too me its killing two birds with one stone or provides extra motivation to accomplish my dreams.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
We appreciate you, Froggie.
My personality is far better than my appearence.

If I friended you and you saw my pics you'd have nightmares lol.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:16 PM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
It's like buying clothes from a catalogue; you have no idea what the quality is or the fit until you get it in the mail and try it on. Then you have to send it back, and it occurs to you that you either should have ordered a variety of stuff and tried it all, or should have gone to the store where you can have a close look at everything before you make a choice.
That's a great analogy!

I've never done online dating and I prefer to meet someone face-to-face and make that first impression based on the whole package rather than a passing photo. I'm certain my SO and I would have skipped right past each other on a dating site because our highly compatible personalities couldn't and wouldn't be evident on an online dating site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships