Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM

426 posts, read 558,678 times

Advertisements

I was a bad boy...

Old 05-13-2012, 09:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Pretty good advice.

Only problem is ... if you get rejected enough, you start to get in the cycle of ... "I have to improve everything to be able to get a woman."

-I need to become more exciting and go out and do more exciting things, post cool stuff I've eaten and places I've been on my Facebook page.

-I need to have an attitude and never seem like a wuss.

-I need to be successful and make over 80K with eternal promise of a job with desired mobility.

-I need to work out and put on mass to compensate because I'm a smaller guy.

-I need to keep abreast of topics like the Economy, Current Events and Politics as well as more esoteric pursuits such as architecture and indie music to seem interesting.

I could go on...

But the point is ... this is stuff I think about all the time, and obviously some of this stuff gets in the way of each other.

All I want is a nice woman who is smart and cool. And I feel like I need to do all this stuff to get one.
And this is why I have completely given up. I cannot be everything to every woman... sure, I could have 95% of those things that are important but since I do not have that other 5%... nope, sorry, no good, REJECTED!

Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Pretty good advice.

Only problem is ... if you get rejected enough, you start to get in the cycle of ... "I have to improve everything to be able to get a woman."

-I need to become more exciting and go out and do more exciting things, post cool stuff I've eaten and places I've been on my Facebook page.

-I need to have an attitude and never seem like a wuss.

-I need to be successful and make over 80K with eternal promise of a job with desired mobility.

-I need to work out and put on mass to compensate because I'm a smaller guy.

-I need to keep abreast of topics like the Economy, Current Events and Politics as well as more esoteric pursuits such as architecture and indie music to seem interesting.

I could go on...

But the point is ... this is stuff I think about all the time, and obviously some of this stuff gets in the way of each other.

All I want is a nice woman who is smart and cool. And I feel like I need to do all this stuff to get one.

It's hardwork.

It's competition. I didn't make the game. All I'm doing is explaining it and addressing a myth.

The more you improve yourself the more of an attractive potential mate you make yourself to be.

Women do the choosing for the most part and women have an edge since they have more options and its easier for them to get men.

You have to be more appealing then the next guy for the girl you want. It's that simple.

But you just made mistake and your shooting yourself in the foot without realizing it.
In your post you said
"-I need to keep abreast of topics like the Economy, Current Events and Politics as well as more esoteric pursuits such as architecture and indie music to seem interesting."

CLassis...classic mistake by men. What makes you think that some women would be interested in that stuff???

All women are different. You have to make her excited about you...Stop using logic..Start thinking of things that make her laugh..that make her think about you. I started talking about philosiphy and it was going nowhere. But once I started figuring out her vibes, emotions, and getting a feel for her social interest. The conversation went from dull philosiphy..too belief in soulmates, what a good friend should be..cracking jokes..flirting..next thing I know I was in her bedroom..

I mean some women may find that interesting (none of the women I'm talking too.) but you need to be creative. Find exciting things to talk about.

Not things you find interesting that you believe she should find interesting.

And you should never be a wuss period.

Last edited by Veyron; 05-13-2012 at 10:14 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 AM

199 posts, read 391,101 times
I do agree with the post...to a certain extent. Seriously, women need to understand that relationships aren't all about excitement, adventure, thrills...spills. At my age, there is NO WAY I'm going to bend over backwards to attract a woman. Sorry, but I can't justify being something other than genuine. Sure, I am physically fit, have all my hair, nice teeth, college educated, intelligent, polite, chivalrous, kind to animals, don't smoke, don't do drugs, drink lightly, no tattoos, no time spent in jail....well the list goes on.

Women have been told by the media, society and hollywood that they can have wild, passionate, romantic sex, perfect marriage, the big house, SUV, 2.5 kids, perfect life...BLAH BLAH BLAH. There is not perfect life....there's just....LIFE.

Seriously, why can't people just be happy and appreciate what they have??????

I also read somewhere that a "study" concluded that men and women who maintain physical shape are more apt to attract a member of the opposite sex.

REALLY???? YA THINK???

Old 05-13-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
And this is why I have completely given up. I cannot be everything to every woman... sure, I could have 95% of those things that are important but since I do not have that other 5%... nope, sorry, no good, REJECTED!
There is no reason to be everything to every woman. You are not a politician and don't have to please EVERYBODY. Just be yourself and improve on any weak areas. If you have a half dozen or so good qualities, a woman will take notice, especially one who cares about those things in the first place.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post

Well you make it easy for guys like me who understand and put in work.

You either put in the time and effort in too your development..physically, mentally and financially...or have your hand as a bestfriend..

Is it fair? No it's not. Women can be a 3/10 go to a club and get a guy who is better looing then her within 20 minutes with no car, a low paying job, and crappy apartment.

A guy can be a 5/10 with a decent car, solid paying job and a decent house..college graduate and it would take him 5 to 6 tries just to get a phone number or a girl to comeback with him to his crib and he still has to put in work just to get the pot of gold.

A guy would have to have a body like Bradd pit...Money like Tom Cruise...and have an I.Q of tony stark...to have that kind of power a women has naturually

It's not fair all you can do is adapt or complain. You choose.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
It doesn't matter what women want. In the end - it only matters what one woman wants. The same goes for women. It doesn't matter what men want - only what one man wants. We don't all want the same thing. And my husband isn't simply a bad boy or a nice guy, an a-hole or a sweetheart, exciting or boring. He's a real person with more than one simple attribute.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Well you make it easy for guys like me who understand and put in work.

You either put in the time and effort in too your development..physically, mentally and financially...or have your hand as a bestfriend..

Is it fair? No it's not. Women can be a 3/10 go to a club and get a guy who is better looing then her within 20 minutes with no car, a low paying job, and crappy apartment.

A guy can be a 5/10 with a decent car, solid paying job and a decent house..college graduate and it would take him 5 to 6 tries just to get a phone number or a girl to comeback with him to his crib and he still has to put in work just to get the pot of gold.

A guy would have to have a body like Bradd pit...Money like Tom Cruise...and have an I.Q of tony stark...to have that kind of power a women has naturually

It's not fair all you can do is adapt or complain. You choose.
So you're saying he should improve himself to impress someone else?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It doesn't matter what women want. In the end - it only matters what one woman wants. The same goes for women. It doesn't matter what men want - only what one man wants. We don't all want the same thing. And my husband isn't simply a bad boy or a nice guy, an a-hole or a sweetheart, exciting or boring. He's a real person with more than one simple attribute.
Good point....women are emotional creatures and need to feel SOMETHING when they are with a guy, even if it means feeling great or feeling bad. Some would rather stay in a bad relationship with a jerk who treats them like garbage because "at least they are feeling something."

Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
Good point....women are emotional creatures and need to feel SOMETHING when they are with a guy, even if it means feeling great or feeling bad. Some would rather stay in a bad relationship with a jerk who treats them like garbage because "at least they are feeling something."
Yeah - that's not what I said at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships