U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM

1,793 posts, read 2,402,538 times

Advertisements

So i have been a stereotypical frustrated Nice Guy for years. But i have to give some of my female friends credit for pointing out that the reason to be nice is because you care about other people, you care about God, care about the world, whatever it may be. Being nice in the expectation of getting laid is not really being nice at all.

I am still frustrated as hell that i don't get girls... but i have to admit, this was a pretty good point. I think what guys are TRULY frustrated about is working really hard in the gym, trying to get a good job, etc... and still having trouble getting women.

Kindness and good deeds probably should have nothing to do with getting laid. They are two completely separate things.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM

25,907 posts, read 32,637,315 times
Kindness and good deeds should have more to do with getting laid, in my opinion.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM

53,432 posts, read 68,342,798 times
trying to get a good job and having one are major differences.
trust me u will do better with women when u get one.
many women are attracted to the wrong things. u dont want her, u r the right thing. there are women that like the right thing they are however in the minority but worth the wait.
sad that some good women too will be attracted to jerks.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM

17,870 posts, read 15,874,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Kindness and good deeds should have more to do with getting laid, in my opinion.
If this were the case I'd have to fight the women off me.

Instead it'll be 2 years in August since a women has touched me.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,186,196 times
Just being nice isn't good enough to "get laid", find someone, be in a relationship, etc. Being a good person is a positive for most people, but it's expected. I had to learn this the hard way and I don't even think of myself as a "nice guy" anymore. I'm just a regular guy who tries to treat people well.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM

900 posts, read 1,359,140 times
Timing is everything , move at the right time so you don't get friendzoned. But not so quick as to be disrespectful , of course.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 PM

53,432 posts, read 68,342,798 times
best advice is women are like cats.
it took kitty witty a friends cat, 8 years to teach me to take off my shoes cross my legs seated and speak in slow low tones. then she was willing to butt my feet with her head and take treats from my hands. prior 8 years, i paced and talked nervously in the house with my shoes on in a fast high pitched tone, she went and hide the minute i walked in.
women are the same.when i learned this it got better.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM

6,237 posts, read 7,837,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I am still frustrated as hell that i don't get girls... but i have to admit, this was a pretty good point. I think what guys are TRULY frustrated about is working really hard in the gym, trying to get a good job, etc... and still having trouble getting women.
I'm in exactly the same boat. I have a decent income, my financial house is in order (more or less), I'm settled down, athletic, am told that I look younger than my age am very sociable but...I'm nice. I don't like stepping on peoples' toes, and I think that comes across as passive somehow. I'm becoming more convinced that being a "nice" guy really is my tragic flaw.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 PM

64,671 posts, read 54,272,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If this were the case I'd have to fight the women off me.

Instead it'll be 2 years in August since a women has touched me.
Two whole years? Awww, poor baby! You're WAY ahead of a lot of women, believe me! You've got nothing to cry about, Froggie.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:39 PM

2,632 posts, read 5,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
So i have been a stereotypical frustrated Nice Guy for years. But i have to give some of my female friends credit for pointing out that the reason to be nice is because you care about other people, you care about God, care about the world, whatever it may be. Being nice in the expectation of getting laid is not really being nice at all.

Kindness and good deeds probably should have nothing to do with getting laid. They are two completely separate things.
The very reason I created this thread.
Women want bad boys over nice guys. A bunch of bologna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships