Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I didn't dig at her...

If SHE had read MY post more carefully, I said that I have known cheaters and they have been very sorry that they did that and were generally decent people.

People make up their own moral sets of rules based on their own life experiences so nobody cares what anybody thinks of them.

Why would anybody care what someone else says about your character on an anonymous message board anyway?
Not to quibble, since we've since made up , but in post #58 you did say to me and red velvet,

"It's pretty safe to assume you both have cheated before."

THAT was the dig I was referring to earlier!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not to quibble, since we've since made up , but in post #58 you did say to me and red velvet,

"It's pretty safe to assume you both have cheated before."

THAT was the dig I was referring to earlier!
Yea.

It was an assumption. If you have cheated, then you know the circumstances and you can judge yourself.

If you haven't, then you wouldn't be bothered by me accusing you of it.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Meh, I don't really agree. When you (in the general) tell someone you are monogamous with them, and you lie about it, you're no better than the married person who cheats, in my estimation. If anything, you're more of a coward, because it's easier for you to just break up with the person, no lawyers necessary.
Well, you would be wrong. Sorry, but marriage IS entirely different than a shack-up arrangement. Ask the people who won't get married why. Ask them what the differences are. Believe me, they will tell you.
If there were no differences, everyone would do it...fact is, yes, there are huge differences in vows under God and legal contracts that can add an array of situational issues to two people's lives.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
LovesMts,

Really ... what it boils down to is just a difference of the way you view relationships.

I am very cold and rational when it comes to relationships. All of the emotional connection and crush and love at first sight stuff ... that's all garbage to me.

I definitely do not feel like there are people out there meant for us ... no way.

I value trust and loyalty over connection and emotions.

People do things differently. That's all.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbOfMemphisTN View Post
^^Wow, what a threaed this has been!! LMBO....

Interesting how others see things and often times people assume things when they don't even take the time to ask questions first in order to have the facts!

Redvelvet709...you put some real work into this thread, and spoke truth, morals and kept it real....as always nice to hear your opinions!!
Ha! Thank you; I do appreciate knowing there are others who consider the entire spectrum!

Old 05-14-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
LovesMts,

Really ... what it boils down to is just a difference of the way you view relationships.

I am very cold and rational when it comes to relationships. All of the emotional connection and crush and love at first sight stuff ... that's all garbage to me.

I definitely do not feel like there are people out there meant for us ... no way.

I value trust and loyalty over connection and emotions.

People do things differently. That's all.
No problem having a different point of view

My intention with starting this thread was to give young women some perspective they might not yet have.

I see too many of them come on the threads here with their self-esteem damaged because their guy has cheated on them

It's bad enough when that happens, but young women make the situation worse by becoming obsessed with trying to figure out "why" the guy found the other woman more attractive.

Most times you are just not going to ever understand the "why", so it's a waste of time and energy to focus on that when you should be focusing on what you can really learn from the situation to move forward and build back your self esteem.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Yea.

It was an assumption. If you have cheated, then you know the circumstances and you can judge yourself.

If you haven't, then you wouldn't be bothered by me accusing you of it.
No one wants to be accused of something they have not done. And in the vein of clarity, the truth needs to be spoken.

I doubt Loves or myself are going to let it be assumed that we have cheated before. Takes cred away from our posts.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
I always get left for ugly girls with bad personalities. Lol idk why

Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I always get left for ugly girls with bad personalities. Lol idk why
I'd be asking myself some tough questions if this kept happening over and over again.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:52 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Sorry, I don't buy this.

We are not animals driven to mate indiscriminately. We do not have to have sex with every person we find to be attractive. We make choices. We aren't Bonobo monkeys. A whiff of pheromones or a cute butt does not make us take leave of our senses.

The cheater decides this new conquest is worth the risk. It's a conscious decision. They know what they are doing is wrong and if they get caught there will be consequences. They also know they are showing a huge lack of respect and disregard to the person who agreed to forsake all others and enter into a committed relationship with them. They are hurting the person who loves and trusts them more than anyone else.

Of course they think they won't get caught and therefore will not suffer the consequences.

Being cheated on is a form of rejection. After all, the cheating spouse did reject you in favor of sex with someone else. And then there's the betrayal of trust on top of all the rest of it. There are 3 people(at least) involved. It is never only about the cheater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships