Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 PM

199 posts, read 391,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The title is a bit misleading, as this is no new phenomenon, but the older and wiser I've gotten, it's become more and more apparent. I know I joke a lot on here, but now is the time for me to keep it 100.

The issue is with men, mostly in the 18-45 age range, who are in the habit of sharing with other men the (often graphic) details of previous interactions with a female. As a young man myself, I've never felt the desire to broadcast what goes on in my or anyone else's bedroom, and I've always assumed that on some level these dudes are simply insecure and need some sort of validation from their peers. I'm just not the kind of guy who needs to go around beating his chest, and I feel that's a luxury that comes with maturity and a solid sense of self-worth. Maybe I was just raised well, but I simply don't have it in me to make myself look like a jacka**.

I'm FAR from being a prude, but some things are just no one else's business. I certainly don't care to hear exactly where and what my co-worker did with this drunk chick he met last night. She left the club with you and y'all had a good time--is all I want to know about what went down, if you must share.

So is it just excusable locker room talk that eventually fades with age, or do you find it as pathetic as I do? Maybe I'm asking a question that I already know the answer to, but I guess I'm just venting.
I've held jobs in the past that included sharing a locker room with other male co-workers. I find it annoying to hear some guys brag about how many women they banged over the weekend. Personally, I think sexual details should be kept between the two people involved.

If you are secure with your sexual ability...seriously, you don't need to brag about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
I've held jobs in the past that included sharing a locker room with other male co-workers. I find it annoying to hear some guys brag about how many women they banged over the weekend. Personally, I think sexual details should be kept between the two people involved.

If you are secure with your sexual ability...seriously, you don't need to brag about it.
That's all I'm saying. Again, I think it comes down to an issue of maturity.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:51 AM

753 posts, read 1,482,463 times
I agree with you. Not a prude, either. I was a high school biology teacher so I have no problem answering anatomical questions, etc. But these things are private. Sharing just cheapens them.

I once had another teacher I barely knew tell me between classes within earshot of many kids that she liked to engage in urolagnia.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
We tell our friends about our sex life. It's natural for guys to do that, and we're proud of that

It's been going on Since the beginning of time

EVERYTHING you've done in the bedroom, his friends know

Old 05-18-2012, 09:56 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
The thing about guys is, we don't really give a crap if you tell your gf's about us in the bedroom. As long as we're getting sex consistently, we don't care

Guys don't care if their perceived as "good" as much as you'd think also

But for some reasons women are more reserved and don't want others to know about their secual exploits,Not all but I've seem examples in this very thread.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post
I agree with you. Not a prude, either. I was a high school biology teacher so I have no problem answering anatomical questions, etc. But these things are private. Sharing just cheapens them.

I once had another teacher I barely knew tell me between classes within earshot of many kids that she liked to engage in urolagnia.
Just goes to show how there is nothing sacred anymore to a person , or in society . An peeing on another person is evidence of how far down the moral sewer some people have gone . We live in a totally out of control sex saturated pathetic culture . When people cant feel shame any longer, you know anarchy has arrived.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
people want to tell all their sexual details to you, they should at least ask if you care to hear it first, but they never do. they does this in the women hair salon which is why I hate going there. some of us don't want to hear the details about your bodily fluids and sex lives. I know, shocking.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
We tell our friends about our sex life. It's natural for guys to do that, and we're proud of that

It's been going on Since the beginning of time

EVERYTHING you've done in the bedroom, his friends know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The thing about guys is, we don't really give a crap if you tell your gf's about us in the bedroom. As long as we're getting sex consistently, we don't care

Guys don't care if their perceived as "good" as much as you'd think also

But for some reasons women are more reserved and don't want others to know about their secual exploits,Not all but I've seem examples in this very thread.
I'm pretty sure many men wouldn't appreciate you trying to speak for all men; myself included.

I have 100% confidence in my abilities, so it's not as if I have anything to hide, but that doesn't necessarily give her the green light to go spilling every single detail about what we do. Everyone doesn't live that way.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post

Precisely.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
BradPiff, how old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships