Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
I've heard somewhere that women who are in their 20s stick with men in their 20s. The reason I ask this silly question is because I'm turning 30 in a few months, and I feel I've missed out on dating women in their 20s. Also I think that women in their 20s don't want to date a man who is 30 or older.
Two words for you...

Hugh Hefner

So when you were in your 20's you didn't date women in your 20's? I was in my 20's I dated men a lot older than I was, and I wasted a lot of good time doing it too.

If I had any advice for a young female in her 20's I would tell her not to date men in their 30's or older because you're going to waste your best reproductive years on men who want to use you as arm candy and only want to "date" you.

Find someone closer to your age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM

233 posts, read 766,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Just curious, what do you think you've missed out on?
I've missed out on their energetic, carefree personalities and their vibrancy. It's hard to find a woman of my age who has as much energy as a woman in her early 20s. I don't find women in their late 20s/early 30s to be as interesting and fun and exciting. In my opinion the number of women my age who act "immature", and are not boring, is few and far between. Sometimes I wish for a type of woman my age who has the personality and attitude of Mariah Carey or Demi Moore or Madonna.

Last edited by RockSteadyVibe; 05-16-2012 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 05:53 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
I have a few mid 20 yo Female friends that I see going in and out of relationships like theres no tomorrow. My advice to them, if they want someone who is going to last longer than 6 months find an older guy. Face it, people and especially men assign value to youth. Even if it's just 5 years.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM

566 posts, read 958,003 times
The bottom line is that women date whomever they find attractive. If she finds you attractive and sexually appealing, your age becomes irrelevant.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:44 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
I like anything that is no more than 30 or less than my age, but nothing happens because I look younger and am younger than they are.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,374 times
Quote:
I've missed out on their energetic, carefree personalities and their vibrancy. It's hard to find a woman of my age who has as much energy as a woman in her early 20s. I don't find women in their late 20s/early 30s to be as interesting and fun and exciting. In my opinion the number of women my age who act "immature", and are not boring, is few and far between. Sometimes I wish for a type of woman my age who has the personality and attitude of Mariah Carey or Demi Moore or Madonna.
Gotcha, I was just curious. Well you are certainly entitled to that, I do wish you all the best in finding that special lady Just be you, don't be afraid to ask a lady out and eventually you will meet the lady you are looking for. If you are of a genuine character, have sincere confidence, and have stability, you should not have a problem.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Yes, as soon as your 30th birthday hits she'll dump you like expired dairy.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
The problem is -- the younger women feel the same way you do. They view someone in his 20's as being energetic, carefree, vibrant and just like you, most women in their 20's view over 30 year olds as over-the-hill. Most women in their early 20's think "eewww" when it comes to older men -- but if you have money, you can usually find some who will be interested.

And the problem with women like Mariah Carey, or Demi Moore, or Madonna os they also want the young vibrant energetic men much younger than they are, they also would view an over 30 year old man as over the hill, washed out, boring.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
The last two guys who asked me out were 17 and 24 years younger than me.

Please, oh please, spare me from from their energetic vibrancy!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 PM

399 posts, read 581,515 times
I'm in my early 20s. I'm open in terms of the age factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships