Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,725,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I don't consider a man who doesn't want to get married a loser just for that one fact. If he was a straight a**hole all the way around, thats an issue in and of itself and you never should have given him the time of day to begin with.
The sum of his childish irresponsible actions in this particular situation= loser. I am not saying that men who honestly and consistently state to their girlfriend they do not want to get married are losers. In the final analysis, it will come to light whether they are or not. Not an ahole so much as just childish and scared, too dependent on mom and his siblings as I got to know him. It was a real turnoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
A couple of years, I guess. It would depend on whether I thought we were eventually going to get married. I would not agree to live together before marriage.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
He stated he's looking for women in their early-mid (maybe late) 20's who have never been married.

Its easy for people to understand why a divorced women doesn't want to get married again ( I dont think he cares about that demographic).
I understood what he was asking about. That was exactly what I was discussing.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 PM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This.

Girls who WANT to get married, that's who I'm looking for

If your Divorced or You NEVER wanted to get married this isn't for you.

But if you want to get married,
How long are you willing to stay without your ring?
I WAS single. And I did want to get married and have a family. The ring would have not made a difference in the long run. I simply would not have had a child.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,178,043 times
Not every girl wants to get married. I would be fine with long term bf who had his own place to live . My daughter is young and not marriage minded but keeps running into guys that are. It's a different world.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:03 AM

900 posts, read 1,701,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
They are dumb. If you are with a man for that long OR whatever length of time. Yes it is. BTW.... if she was marriage material...he would have proposed a long time ago.
This was my actual life experience. We divorced 8 years later because his alcoholism got out of control. I was an amazing wife and he was proud of me. Just needed a push. A lot of men need that push. Probably more than ever these days. (She said ultimatums are dumb)

Last edited by maddog1; 05-19-2012 at 12:36 AM..

Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because their dumb, and they probably don't know better.

If I was a woman, I'd NEVER have anyone's baby that didn't put a ring on it.

I wouldn't be anyone's baby momma
Not agreeing that baby's mamas are dumb , but 100% , no way would I have a child out of wedlock. No F ' en way.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
What does this have to do with women having children with men they aren't married to who dont posses the provider characteristics you said women look for in men before they "mate"?
A protector / provider , this is what findly185 was commenting on. Sure some women look for that but a lot is based on physical attraction or how nice the guy treats you. Could be any number of things that draws a woman to a certain man.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Thank you, that is all I'm saying. The folks on here throwing rotten tomatoes at me, just don't want to look at the idea that any time a woman spends with a man who really doesn't want her is just too much time wasted. In my last serious relationship, it took two years for the "M" word to come up. I didn't offer an ultimatum. He said he didn't want to be "rushed" Because I loved him and he said he wanted marriage, I gave him two more years, only to have him hem and and haw and make excuses at the end of that second two years. Vindication is sweet though. This is a small town and he has done similar to couple of other girls over the years so now he has a repuation for being a big flake and a weak mama's boy and now he can't even get arrested. No one will go out with him! I guess he'll go try to catch some poor hapless unsuspecting non-citizen to take him and his mama and his freeloading family on. Hope she's got a lot of money. She'll need it.
I agree with what you are saying. If marriage is what you want ladies , have limits. Men live with women for convenience sometimes , pay half the bills or / and convenient sex. Do you want convrnience or a man who cares about what is important to you?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?
Why put up with the pig for just a little sausage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships