U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,661,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Strewth. You know you want to sleep with him and your asking us to say it's ok as your husband is away a lot.

Do it or not, get divorced or not but have some self respect and don't ask us to validate your infidelity.

Can't rep you at present, but yes, this. ^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM

455 posts, read 297,750 times
It makes me sick to think of this scenario... Have some respect for your husband. He's trying to provide for you and do his JOB. It's not like he's out golfing or at the bars with his buddies 6 nights a week and purposely neglecting you.

Have some respect. For him and for yourself....

Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM

900 posts, read 879,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
You know you're playing with fire; either you have morals or you don't.
I've seen this scene play out so many times it's ridiculous...wife at home, bored while the husband is earning money, making a a good life for them. She cheats, finds out the dude she cheated with only wanted casual sex- tries to repair the marriage, but it's too late. You're going to be the one who loses all the way around here, if you meetup w/ this guy.
Id agree with this prediction IF you get caught. Obviously you're taking a chance.

Last edited by maddog1; 05-18-2012 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 PM

3,026 posts, read 1,706,644 times
I suppose I shouldn't be irritated with this post b/c I don't know the parties involved, but dang, this agitates me. After the "thank you, mother" post to lovesmountains, I got a little more pissy...

Your husband is working a crap schedule on the oil fields b/c that is either the only job available that provides for the both of you or he is exceptionally skilled and has to go where the job is...either way, you can't think he wants to be away from his wife all that time. He has made this sacrifice and you're lonely? I think the line from The Last Boy Scout with Bruce Willis says it all. "Get a dog!"

You want to hang out and have some fun while he's away? Got a sister, mother, friend? Got a neighbor you haven't slept with? Good grief, woman...you don't want advice. That smug retort made me think that you really don't care about vows, marriage, yourself...and you've not come back to give us any more insight to your side of the story.

I'm truly hoping you decide to get a dog.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:04 PM

8,394 posts, read 7,276,496 times
You are borrowing trouble. When are you going to let your husband in on this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Recently I have been in contact with a former boyfriend, we dated in junior high and again in our 20's, we are now in our 40's.
I am married, he is not, I'm thinking of meeting for drinks, no harm there?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:17 PM

8,394 posts, read 7,276,496 times
My state of N.D. is over run w/ oil field workers. Loss of the life as we knew it is hard enough....add to that someone like you that truly doesn't deserve a husband working like a "tool" to keep you in hearth and home.....sort of makes me ill. Where are your morals??
Plus, meanwhile you're making a fool out of someone that you called a "friend" by stringing him along just like your hubby. Women that behave like you are behaving give married women a bad name.
Both of them will dump you when they figure this out.

Quote:
I'm thinking this over, hubby will be gone for 2 more weeks, he has no cell signal and there is no phone, that makes it harder. He works in the oil fields and it makes for a very long 3 weeks with a very short 1 week.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,111,139 times
Some have made me mutter and some have made me roll my eyes but this is the first thread that has actually annoyed me.

Don't know if it's being Forces and hearing this sh*t often or just the fact that i have morals and a level of respect for myself and others.

THANK GOD i married a bloody good women.

"asitshouldbe? do your husband a favour, divorce him!"..

Last edited by Baldrick; 05-18-2012 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Punctuation

Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 PM

391 posts, read 313,808 times
Quote:
Recently I have been in contact with a former boyfriend, we dated in junior high and again in our 20's, we are now in our 40's.
I am married, he is not, I'm thinking of meeting for drinks, no harm there?
About 3 years ago I had a fellow essentially tell me the same thing... that
he was going to hang out with some lady friend and wanted to know my
opinion. I advised against it.... he did it anyway.

2 years later he and his wife were going through a divorce. The really sad
part was that they had a little boy.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:25 PM

455 posts, read 297,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
About 3 years ago I had a fellow essentially tell me the same thing... that
he was going to hang out with some lady friend and wanted to know my
opinion. I advised against it.... he did it anyway.

2 years later he and his wife were going through a divorce. The really sad
part was that they had a little boy.
Threads like these make for the threads where husbands want to forbid their wives from going out to bars without them. Read with caution...

Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM

18,881 posts, read 11,107,357 times
Quote:
Why not? My husband has a job where he is gone 3 weeks a month. That is hard on a marriage.

My husband has been gone working for 8 weeks now and I'm not thinking of meeting an old flame or anyone for that matter to get drinks and "just hit it".

If you want to have sex with everyone besides your husband get divorced and be done with it. That way you are not cheating on anyone or having to remember all the lies you have told to your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships