Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 06:35 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times

Advertisements

Does POF by any chance have automatic filters on the website? I am currently listed on POF in the city I'll be moving to. When I send out messages to the girls in the city I'll be moving to, I get a response pretty often and they at least view my profile.

When I sent a message to girls in the city which I'm living now (but I'm listed as a different one) I have not gotten a single response, nor do I even get a view from them. Is there a certain filter on the POF that automatically deletes the messages?

Either there's some sort of filter or the girls in my current city are WAY harder to please!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 06:58 PM

812 posts, read 736,425 times
Is your location set to your new city? The girls in your current city might have it set up so they only get messages from guys within a certain distance.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Is your location set to your new city? The girls in your current city might have it set up so they only get messages from guys within a certain distance.

I have it set to my new city which is around 700 miles away from where I live now. That setting would make it so they can't see the messages? That's lame

Old 05-26-2012, 04:16 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,496,456 times
Women are finicky on those sites, but you pretty much being out the door to another state isn't going to help your cause. That "within 75 miles" guideline will be obvious on their profiles, if memory serves correct.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:34 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,009 times
As a former POF user and a friend of friends whom have relocated to OK as of late all I can add is this.
It is not a SITE ERROR.
If you have posted your location to your new place of residence? Any woman who has set her preference of dating to a particular city/state may or not may see you because of it.
If you have your new residence on your profile? And have emailed women or have checked out their profile ( where you currently still reside) they may choose simply not to reply to you since you seem too far. Why would they?
Nowhere on your profile states the date you chose to update your profile and In fact you are still in the area!
I suggest you do an addendum on your profile, in the “about me section” something like as of 6/1/2012 I am still residing here ( location) but will soon be relocating to the area listed.
At least women checking out your messages or profile will still know you are in the area.
However do not expect a woman to run and answer a message from you especially after knowing you will be relocating soon.
This is why you do not change your place of residence until you actually live there.lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships