Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
I don't know, it gets lonely when he is gone so much. It would be nice to have someone in town to do something with.
You know you're playing with fire; either you have morals or you don't.
I've seen this scene play out so many times it's ridiculous...wife at home, bored while the husband is earning money, making a a good life for them. She cheats, finds out the dude she cheated with only wanted casual sex- tries to repair the marriage, but it's too late. You're going to be the one who loses all the way around here, if you meetup w/ this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 08:44 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
Strewth. You know you want to sleep with him and your asking us to say it's ok as your husband is away a lot.

Do it or not, get divorced or not but have some self respect and don't ask us to validate your infidelity.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:48 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
Quote:
Recently I have been in contact with a former boyfriend, we dated in junior high and again in our 20's, we are now in our 40's.
I am married, he is not, I'm thinking of meeting for drinks, no harm there?
Sure if you are ok with your husband meeting his previous booty call over drinks

Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 AM

10,177 posts, read 11,159,885 times
So sad, that someone would even think about this...

I guess - some just don't take their vows serious!!!

Woe is me. My hubby works a lot..

She hasn't seen this guy in years, and now she wants to hook up with him in a bar for drinks and boop him.. Give me a break...

Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Do you like spending your husbands hard earned money? Because that will disappear if you get caught....

Go ahead and do it, if you want to be an idiot, lol.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Recently I have been in contact with a former boyfriend, we dated in junior high and again in our 20's, we are now in our 40's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So you aspire to be a person of no integrity or loyalty?

Gee, you set the bar pretty low for yourself

I guess this doesn't qualify as one of those examples of indiscretion that fall under the category of 'mistakes we make just because we're human'.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:12 AM

753 posts, read 1,481,908 times
Quote:

No harm if you bring your husband he brings a date.

Scratch that. I think no contact is better. You never know where this might lead.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
It's amazing what people can rationalize. My husband is away and I'm lonely, so somehow cheating is okay. Lying and sneaking around behind someone's back is never okay no matter what you want to tell yourself. If you are so unhappy and lonely that you need to cheat, then get out of your marriage first.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 AM

753 posts, read 1,481,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you like spending your husbands hard earned money? Because that will disappear if you get caught....

Go ahead and do it, if you want to be an idiot, lol.

OP:
Get out an volunteer somewhere. Tutor some kids. Feed the homeless. Work for the Red Cross. You'll get outside of yourself and your thoughts, feel better about yourself, and relieve some of your loneliness.

Trust me on this. I had what, looking back, was an emotional affair, with an old flame. We never got physical but the relationship got intense and his wife (smartly) threatened to divorce him when she found out (he had been hiding it) if he didn't cut it off. My husband knew we were emailing but didn't tell me until later how much it upset him. There was no sex, no I love yous or anything but I felt so guilty after. It was very, very wrong to take certain feelings outside of my marriage to this other guy. My husband didn't deserve that. The guy tried to contact me again and I have ignored him for about 4 years now.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
I'm thinking this over, hubby will be gone for 2 more weeks, he has no cell signal and there is no phone, that makes it harder. He works in the oil fields and it makes for a very long 3 weeks with a very short 1 week.
This reminds me of the crap that servicemen have to deal with. Those guys are out risking their lives for us, and some wives get "lonely" and have to go out with other men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships