Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 AM

296 posts, read 571,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
5'3" is really short for a guy, surgeon or not.
So should I just end it all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Seriously? With comments like this I would call you an attention seeker, or maybe what a few others have said, a troll. You seem to have a lot of time to be here, don't surgeons have a a pretty full schedule? If this whole thing is true, go to counseling. Build up your self-esteem and then women won't care about your height. If this is all BS, go to counseling anyway and figure out your need to get attention on a message board. Enough already with these "end it all" statements. It's getting old.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
I'm 37. I didn't have issues with dating during college, but I noticed in med school and later on it was much more difficult getting dates with women who were above 25 but below 36. I actually like women starting from their late 20s to early 30s, but am hesitant to date someone older than their mid 30s as I really want to start a family. There are a few women in their late 30s and 40s who have shown interest, but right now I'm trying to hit that 25-32 range. Not sure if that is too much to ask. Just to note: My mother had my sister when she was 39 (it was unplanned) and she has down syndrome, not to mention the rest of the evidence clinically based out there.
SD...my xh was an MD and I know what goes on in hospital life; you should be experiencing nurse throwing themselves at you at this point...being that you're finished with residency, boards, and are in practice. If you want a family, you'd be best to focus on women between 27 & 37 as they are most likely to be feeling that vibe...

As far as your height; we already discussed that to death on another thread...really, if your personality is awesome, the height issue should subside. I was able to look my my last xbf in the eye...now I'm 5'5"...it wasn't a real issue, but the personality that came with his package was; and I had never experienced the short man syndrome that he carried as baggage.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Only if you think that getting laid is the only thing important in life. Look, you're never going to be 6'3", so you just have to accept that, but it doesn't mean you have to wallow in self pity and be miserable. You can't control other people, but you're in charge of yourself. To borrow a line from a musical (Chicago) love the life you're living and live the life you like. Do well at your job. Find hobbies you enjoy. Surround yourself with good and interesting people. Lots of people aren't ideal physical specimens, but it's not the end of the world.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Only if you think that getting laid is the only thing important in life. Look, you're never going to be 6'3", so you just have to accept that, but it doesn't mean you have to wallow in self pity and be miserable. You can't control other people, but you're in charge of yourself. To borrow a line from a musical (Chicago) love the life you're living and live the life you like. Do well at your job. Find hobbies you enjoy. Surround yourself with good and interesting people. Lots of people aren't ideal physical specimens, but it's not the end of the world.
It's a very important thing and it cannot be denied.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
It's a very important thing and it cannot be denied.
It's only as important as you want it to be, honestly. Look, to make a bad analogy, we all have to eat, and I would love to eat cheese all day, every day. Unfortunately, if I did that, I would weigh 600 pounds, so I don't do it. I savor what little cheese I do eat, and I enjoy the healthier foods I eat instead. I don't hang out in front of a cheese shop staring in the window and complaining about how unfair it is that I can't eat all the cheese I want.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 05-24-2012 at 10:00 AM..

Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's only as important as you want it to be, honestly. Look, to make a bad analogy, I would love to eat cheese all day, every day. If I did that, I would weigh 600 pounds, so I don't do it. I savor what little cheese I do eat, and I enjoy the healthier foods I eat instead. I don't hang out in front of a cheese shop staring in the window and complaining about how unfair it is that I can't eat all the cheese I want.
Gonna give it to you straight here...

Getting Laid is the be-all and end-all of everything. It is the motivating factor for practically everything humans do. After all, Freud said that sex is the motivating factor behind everything. Think about it. Everything that is done by people ultimately has its roots in one thing and one thing only - to Get Laid. That's it. No way around it.

You think short guys would be complaining about their predicaments if they were Getting Laid? You think 'ugly' dudes would be bitching and moaning about their looks if they were Getting Laid? You think the so-called Nice Guys would be whining out the wazoo if they were Getting Laid? And so forth.

Here's the thing - people who are Getting Laid are not the ones who are dissatisfied with their lives. They are the ones who have achieved the ultimate goal in life. They are the ones who have Made It in the world on the most elemental level. And for some of us, Getting Laid is the most difficult and challenging thing EVER to achieve.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Not really sure how to phrase it better. I've always thought of a woman's prime (when she is the most desired/picky, benefits the most from the ratio between men desiring her and her having to pick) was much like an NBA player's prime. That is from 19-25 she may be the most stunning like an NBA player is the most athletic, but she appears to be in her prime when she is from 27 to 32 (likewise the age range when superstars begin winning titles).

I am a short surgeon in his 30s living in DC. I make a pretty decent wage, but my height or perhaps something else about me is repelling away women. Most of the women I ask out are fit and in the age range of 27-32. I really would rather not ask out a woman who is not active. Would it be better to ask out women in their mid30s-40's? Ideally, I would like to begin raising a family, but it just seems like mid20s to early 30s women are extremely picky about height. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Im a Man reporting . Depends largely on the woman, but, ive found now im in my 50's that the women ive run into which are also in their 50's...are MORE whiny, unsatisfied, lack fulfillment, complainers, and difficult to be around...than their age 30 counterparts . WHereas, its completely reversed when it comes to attitudes of entitle-itis and expecting royal treatment (high maintenance) ... to which age 30ish wins out.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Oh, good God. Grow up.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Gonna give it to you straight here...

Getting Laid is the be-all and end-all of everything. It is the motivating factor for practically everything humans do. After all, Freud said that sex is the motivating factor behind everything. Think about it. Everything that is done by people ultimately has its roots in one thing and one thing only - to Get Laid. That's it. No way around it.

You think short guys would be complaining about their predicaments if they were Getting Laid? You think 'ugly' dudes would be bitching and moaning about their looks if they were Getting Laid? You think the so-called Nice Guys would be whining out the wazoo if they were Getting Laid? And so forth.

Here's the thing - people who are Getting Laid are not the ones who are dissatisfied with their lives. They are the ones who have achieved the ultimate goal in life. They are the ones who have Made It in the world on the most elemental level. And for some of us, Getting Laid is the most difficult and challenging thing EVER to achieve.
Shucks. No wonder you're not getting any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships