Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times

Advertisements

From what I've read it's around age 30 when most women start realizing they don't hold all the cards any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 09:17 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
From what I've read it's around age 30 when most women start realizing they don't hold all the cards any more.

Around 29 I'd say. Women rule the world from about ages 13-27/28

Then it's a shift in power

Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times
I have a hard time believing that a surgeon, regardless of height, would struggle with finding a woman. I think there's more to the story here.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM

296 posts, read 571,607 times
Did you watch the video I posted back on page 6? It pretty much explains my problems.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Did you watch the video I posted back on page 6? It pretty much explains my problems.
That video is chopped for hyperbole.

Here is the full version where some of the women do pick the shorter guys...

Short Men Get Short Shrift - YouTube

FYI ... I do believe you are a short man, but I don't believe you are a surgeon. If you had spent time and effort becoming a surgeon or any form of MD, including family practice, believe me, your height would not be an issue. Should have done that instead of whining.

Let it be noted that they made one of the short guys a SURGEON in the vid and the women automatically changed their minds...

Last edited by jobaba; 05-21-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:01 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Around 29 I'd say. Women rule the world from about ages 13-27/28

Then it's a shift in power
lol absolutely true. it is around this age that they realize they start to notice a lil crows feet action, they're not as toned as they used to be, a lot of their friends are married or engaged and they're still single, probably in a crappy job thanks to their pointless major. biological time clock ticking louder than ever.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
I know plenty of short men that have never had problems getting women. My first boyfriend was about 5'5". His wife is almost 5'9". He's always had women wanting to be with him. He's one of the funniest guys I've ever known and people love him. Another guy I dated was about that same height - I believe his wife is taller than him, too.

Everyone has things about them that hinder them in some way in some aspect of their life. If you focus on these things and use them as excuses - they will hold you back. If you move past them and realize that we all have them - you will be happier and more successful in anything you try to do.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I find it kind of funny that you are wanting someone who is not picky about height when you are being picky about age!
I agree. I also wonder why the OP wasn't ready to settle down at a younger age.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
it's always on women. there's never any talk of how these men "max out" in the looks department well before a lot of women that I've seen. women should start thread about how men are past their prime when they can't get it up anymore. ugh. how can these single women stand it is all I can think.
Men aren't ready to settle down until their hairline recedes and their waistline expands.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM

16 posts, read 13,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know plenty of short men that have never had problems getting women. My first boyfriend was about 5'5". His wife is almost 5'9". He's always had women wanting to be with him. He's one of the funniest guys I've ever known and people love him. Another guy I dated was about that same height - I believe his wife is taller than him, too.

Everyone has things about them that hinder them in some way in some aspect of their life. If you focus on these things and use them as excuses - they will hold you back. If you move past them and realize that we all have them - you will be happier and more successful in anything you try to do.
True, only the mediocre minded and veteran short term dater would pull the height bar over a good man and push off a man who turns out to be everything she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships