U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:42 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,034,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post

The most powerful aphrodisiac for women is power, status and money. Women of all ages, looks and backgrounds are stimulated by those qualities and any surgeon should have them, even if he's a cross between Danny DeVito and Quasimodo.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the Brooklyn Bridge today.

This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 AM

19,126 posts, read 15,232,411 times
I went on a date last night with a man who is 5'5 to my 6'1. It was an online thing, and at the end of the date he told me he didn't think it would work out because 'he didn't realize how tall 6'1 really was' haha.

His loss but it just shows that it's not always 'short guys' that are rejected for their height.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 AM

1,367 posts, read 852,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I went on a date last night with a man who is 5'5 to my 6'1. It was an online thing, and at the end of the date he told me he didn't think it would work out because 'he didn't realize how tall 6'1 really was' haha.

His loss but it just shows that it's not always 'short guys' that are rejected for their height.
What an insecure moron.

Nothing at all about YOU as a person, who you are, what you care about, what your aspirations are, nada, none of that. Oh, but 6'1"... nope, no way, no can do.

He's just as bad as some of these women who reject men for being too short. Yeah, thanks pal. Way to go.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:22 AM

3,214 posts, read 2,650,410 times
Here's something a old dude told me. He asked why are dog poo and women alike? The older they get the easier they are to pick up. Not a great way of making a point but I got it. Your a doctor with or have the potential to have money. The women have the physical parts. You have the capacity to make more money and the women deal with graveity and at some ppoint start to become invisable..

These things are just a part of life.. Do a package check and understand yout he man and go out and meet women.. If they act funny it's their loss.. Find yourslef a current struggling plain Jane who will pop out a few kids and treat you well.. That's all folks

Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 AM

19,126 posts, read 15,232,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
What an insecure moron.

Nothing at all about YOU as a person, who you are, what you care about, what your aspirations are, nada, none of that. Oh, but 6'1"... nope, no way, no can do.

He's just as bad as some of these women who reject men for being too short. Yeah, thanks pal. Way to go.
I thought it was hilarious, because we got along quite nicely. I mean, height isn't exactly relative (unless you really want to get into the sciencey aspect of it, but I digress) and 6'1 is generally 6'1 across the board.

I still had a nice time with a decent guy and it's a bummer it didn't work out. Better I find out now than later though.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 PM

63 posts, read 70,991 times
I'll just leave this here
29/31 by Garfunkel and Oates - YouTube

Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM

9,921 posts, read 5,329,630 times
I'm thinking on Looks more than height for the OP. Maybe a make over?

I was at my favorite dive bar last night and talking to a friend whose always complaining she can't find a boyfriend who she is attracted to. There's a mutual aqaintance of ours who has been interested in her for years and they had gone out once or twice in the past as friends. When she was complaining of the lack of interest in her, I said "what about Brad?". She acted like Brad was a Troll in her response. She's 5'9" to Brad's 5'4" so I had assumed it was because of his height, but the Troll response said "Looks". She said "it's because of the way he looks and had no problems with his height". Brad is not bad looking in my opinion but has frumpy hair, 10 year out of date glasses, and 20 year out of date clothes. Brad is too old and stuburn to change anything about himself so he is doomed. Of course those who can easily adapt to change to fit the situation are the most successful in life. Applies to many unsuccessfull men and women I know.

The phrase "If they don't like me the way I am then screw them" tells me the person is doomed to be unlucky in love. If you can't change your look or dress to be a little more attractive then you deserve what you get. I did this in my early 20s on my sister advice: Lost the Mullet and funky Mustache and never looked back, JK sorta

So, to the OP. Invest in a make over consultant.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,841,691 times
For some women, height is a major issue. I'm 5'3" and my general rule of thumb is I try not to date men shorter than me. It doesn't mean I'm going to write off a great guy because he's 5', but at least with me being short, the odds are in my favor.

To me, it sounds more like a personality issue, and you are letting the height thing get in the way of your confidence. There is nothing more sexy than a confident man, (mind you I mean confident, not arrogant or cocky) and if you have that, then everything else should fall into place.

My last boyfriend had self esteem issues when we met because of his height also (he's 5'6"). After we broke up he said he owes me his life, because I helped him be more confident and comfortable with himself and in his skin. And mind you I make 3 times what he makes. And now he has women hitting on him all the time.

Point is, you have the financial means, you have a career, height is not an issue at all for the right person. However stop writing off women in their mid to late 30's just because of age, because that's BS. I have a number of friends who had kids after 35 and have had no problems at all.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 PM

13,244 posts, read 10,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
To me, it sounds more like a personality issue, and you are letting the height thing get in the way of your confidence. There is nothing more sexy than a confident man, (mind you I mean confident, not arrogant or cocky) and if you have that, then everything else should fall into place.
It's not exactly the same situation, but I have a female friend (who's now married) who was tall, kind of heavy, and with a brash personality. She knew she wasn't going to be most guys' cup of tea, but she never approached dating as if she was unworthy of finding a good relationship or that she was inherently flawed. She dated a lot, too, for the "kiss a lot of frogs" reason. I think some of these guys are already so down on themselves that they're their own worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships