Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
Mhm, and did she find it funny? Obviously not because she threw a drink in your face. Empathy? compassion? Walk in her shoes for a while. 3 yrs of being teased and picked on ain't funny.
Especially at that time of one's life, where school is "everything" and even the most popular have insecurities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 PM

399 posts, read 581,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Especially at that time of one's life, where school is "everything" and even the most popular have insecurities.
I'm surprised the OP was brave enough to admit this. And then asked why people are stuck in the past? Say what now? Wasn't that drink thrown on your dress in front of people and that fight that broke out something of the past? It humiliated you, right? BUt get over it, right? It's the past.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:48 PM

28 posts, read 36,666 times
Quote:
Can't think of having insecurities but I guess it was just the thrill of it: you know having lots of friends and you being like a leader to them.

But see my friends and I used to joked around too and neither us got hurt. I didn't really think she would take it this serious.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
I'm surprised the OP was brave enough to admit this. And then asked why people are stuck in the past? Say what now? Wasn't that drink thrown on your dress in front of people and that fight that broke out something of the past? It humiliated you, right? BUt get over it, right? It's the past.
Only difference is she it in anger and nastily so I just fought back.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:51 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialDragonfly View Post
Can't think of having insecurities but I guess it was just the thrill of it: you know having lots of friends and you being like a leader to them.
Yeah, this is really not ringing true for me. At all. I feel like maybe this is someone's fantasy...or someone is trying to make a point. (Or maybe just get some attention on a lonely Saturday night. )

Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
From what movie is that video?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:52 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,318 times
Even though I think throwing drink at your face was completely out of line, and even though I was the target of many practical jokes I was able to move on very quickly after high school, so there is definitely something to be said about this other person's behavior. But at the same time, I find it really hard to sympathize with you and what you did in the past. You wronged her in the past, yet you don't seem the least bit apologetic and even made fun of her for "being stuck in the past". Tsk tsk.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:53 PM

17 posts, read 18,483 times
Your phrasing "one of my stunts" implies that there were others. Also, I'm curious if "I was kind of a popular cheerleader" is some feeble attempt at justification, because that's how I read it.

You admit you were a jerk to this person over the course of four years. You used your friends to manipulate and humiliate her on an ongoing basis. If I had to guess, I'd say that your practical jokes and stunts were a warped part of your popularity. Kids can be stupidly cruel that way.

The unfortunate thing is that it doesn't seem like you've grown up enough since then to realize that. By what you have said yourself, you were a social bully, which means you hurt people, and you likely did it to keep being popular.

To me, the surprising part is not that she has lingering resentment over years of being your target, but that you cannot see that you were and are in the wrong. A gracious apology or even an honest acknowledgement of what you did might have gone a long way towards smoothing out the scene at the party, but apparently it's still too important to you to look cool.

I feel sorry for her that she had to be bothered with seeing the likes of you again.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah, this is really not ringing true for me. At all. I feel like maybe this is someone's fantasy...or someone is trying to make a point. (Or maybe just get some attention on a lonely Saturday night. )
Nope I've always had many friends and some tried to copied me.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:56 PM

399 posts, read 581,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialDragonfly View Post
Only difference is she it in anger and nastily so I just fought back.
Now you know she was hurt by your actions so take it as a learning experience. Imagine how that girl felt after 3 years of your behavior. Like you said in the OP, you probably didn't even understand bcause you've never been humiliated. And now you were. Obviously, her throwing a drink on your dress not only humiliated but upset you too. She probably saw your behavior as humiliating and it made her angry because she saw your behavior as nasty. You knew what she was talking about and you knew how it made her feel but you were too darn self-righteous and decided that you didn't need to say crap despite the fact that she obviously brought up the incident to you for a reason.

If you don't see that, then it'll happen to you again and again and again until you do. You actions were self-righteous and biotchy at that very moment. and you can't even get mad at her for her reaction because here you are now posting on a forum wondering why some people can't get past it. She was probably wondering back in high school why some people are so nasty at others expense.

Karma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships