Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,823 times

Advertisements

i think you should stop talking to him altogether. keyword: he has a girlfriend and they have been together for years. i found myself in a similar situation at work but i only got to know he had a girlfriend after i had grown fond of him. he would try everything to keep you as a side chick once he knows how you feel about him. i mastered courage and stopped talking to this guy. we still work at the same place but trust i feel better knowing i did the right thing. move away soon before it gets too difficult to. you would feel empty in the beginning but it gets easier with time. if somtime in the future he ever gets single and you are single too and you still feel the same way, you may just stand a better chance but for now,its best u stay away. hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:54 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
You're both fools pretending everything you do is in the name of "friendship"

My only advice to anyone in this situation is to get real with yourselves and stop trying to make self justifications for your actions that you feel wash your hands clean and place the majority of blame on others.

TLDR: get real, you know exactly what you want and what is happening. You are just in the process of attempting to justify your actions so you don't seem like "a bad person"

Have fun being in the other girls situation in 3 years

Last edited by rego00123; 02-05-2014 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-05-2014, 11:18 AM

22,557 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

Have fun being in the other girls situation in 3 years

Well, considering this thread is about two years old...

Old 01-10-2015, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,376 times
I'm in the same situation, I met a guy who has,a long distance relationship and he gave me his number, ever since we have been talking, texting. We've gone out etc. Now all of the sudden he told me , that the girl is coming to the USA with her two kids to see if things work out, but here he is, he still texts me, calls me, and wants to go out, also he has given me jewelry . What should I do? I'm backing up but he us still calling me.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:12 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
More of the background:

His girlfriend is "on and off". I've actually met her and she seems nice but he also said they continuously fight. He has not implied that he wants to start a relationship with me BUT he texts me way too often to just be friendly. He shouldn't say goodmorning to me or ask me how I am doing almost everyday. He knows I am a good person, I don't think he'd want to take advantage of me but I really like him but I just don't know whether I should show interest. Mainly because I feel it may be selfish or self-absorbed of me to do that when I know he has a girlfriend. You are right though, it may be trouble and I shouldn't give my attention to a guy who as of right now can't give me his full attention. I don't know what to do still. He's a nice guy, but I don't know him THAT well either.
Sounds like he is thinking about dropping her in favor of you. Lots of people do this, men and women. When a relationship has gone sour and they meet someone who could be the next gf/bf, they are in contact with them as the previous relationship is ending, and once it does end they jump from the sinking ship to your ship.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:22 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Sounds like he is thinking about dropping her in favor of you. Lots of people do this, men and women. When a relationship has gone sour and they meet someone who could be the next gf/bf, they are in contact with them as the previous relationship is ending, and once it does end they jump from the sinking ship to your ship.
I have a friend that I predict will do this very soon.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:12 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Nothing is sacred, but you'd better be more certain that the long-term benefits to you are greater then the costs this will create if you choose to accept his advances.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:46 AM

601 posts, read 1,075,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I met this guy awhile ago and he and I actually ended up getting along very well once we started having actual conversations. We make eachother laugh and smile and we do have chemistry, but I am also very aware of the fact that he has a girlfriend of a couple of years. I gave him my phone number because he wants to stay in contact with me. I only texted him ONCE and since then he's been the one to text me first. When I respond, my texts aren't in depth. Very quick, non-emotional responses. He sends me smiley faces, tells me that certain things makes him think of me. He wanted me to visit him so I did but based on other circumstances we didn't have much time to talk.

The advice that I have seen around the web is that he is most likely a womanizer or "player" who cheats on his girlfriend because he gets away with it.

Yet, I don't know if that is the case for this situation. I'm wondering if I should continue to talk to him or just stop talking to him all together so that I don't get emotionally hurt in the end. I don't want to back away because he may truly like me and is just trying to get to know me better. I do like him as well. He has not mentioned anything sexual to me at all and has not complimented me on my looks, yet it's obvious he has feelings for me based on his texts and the way he looks at me and treats me when we do see eachother.
" I am also very aware of the fact that he has a girlfriend of a couple of years." "I gave him my phone number because he wants to stay in contact with me." He may want you as a side piece or a spare incase things don't work out between him and his girlfriend. I could be wrong but JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships