Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 01:54 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times

Advertisements

"squick" ?

That a new one for me. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayhem666 View Post
Ineffective against HVP and Herpes.

Not exactly ineffective, they reduce transmission, but not nearly as much as other STDs, but so what? Those are hardly the worst of the STDs. Probably the least to worry about. Especially among the youngsters since the HPV vaccine is so widespread.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:32 PM

101 posts, read 158,925 times
I believe that apart from abstinence, wearing a condom together with the pill is the safest birth control solution.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

austin powers condoms - YouTube

Old 02-09-2014, 02:56 PM

101 posts, read 158,925 times
I think it would only be suspicious to start using condoms if the people in question have been married for a long time and the woman has been through menopause.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:00 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
It can completely kill a woman's sex drive, thereby nullifying the point of non-procreative sex.

You might want to educate yourself a bit before simply labeling things "stupid."
Exactly.

Some pills jack a woman up emotionally too.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:01 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,652 times
I was in an LTR for close to 9 years and, the first 5 years we used condoms and I was on BC on and off. I believe the one time we didn't use condoms as strictly as we should, I ended up pregnant. On our sixth year together we stopped using condoms, altogether, I was on BC as well, but again probably not taking it as effectively and I ended up pregnant again. That was IT for me. Unless I was married, and we were trying, I will USE condoms at all times. I'm done with BC. It made me suicidal, and depressed, angry, irritable, not interested in sex, and depending on the brand I either lost weight, had nausea, OR gained weight. Too many side effects. And IMO not worth it. Using condoms 100% of the time, seemed more successful for me then BC was anyway.

Last edited by Faith2187; 02-09-2014 at 04:25 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 04:14 PM

986 posts, read 1,865,514 times
I've been in a long term committed relationship for 8 years. For the first 6 years of our relationship, I was on the birth control pill and we didn't use condoms. But as time went on, the side effects of the pill really started to bother me. I was irritable and would get angry for no reason at all, for years on the pill I had consistent "periods" for 5-7 days but towards the end I started getting my period for 2 weeks at a time, my libido was low, and to be honest I was also very worried about the effects the pills were having on me after so many years.

I went off of them and realized how foggy they made me feel and how much they effected my mood. My boyfriend really didn't mind, because after going off the pill and starting to use condoms together, we ended up having sex MORE often than ever because my libido went back to normal! I've asked him if he minds having sex with condoms and he said he doesn't and that it doesn't feel very different to him. I think we both appreciate how much easier the clean up is with condoms too.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:25 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I've been in a long term committed relationship for 8 years. For the first 6 years of our relationship, I was on the birth control pill and we didn't use condoms. But as time went on, the side effects of the pill really started to bother me. I was irritable and would get angry for no reason at all, for years on the pill I had consistent "periods" for 5-7 days but towards the end I started getting my period for 2 weeks at a time, my libido was low, and to be honest I was also very worried about the effects the pills were having on me after so many years.

I went off of them and realized how foggy they made me feel and how much they effected my mood. My boyfriend really didn't mind, because after going off the pill and starting to use condoms together, we ended up having sex MORE often than ever because my libido went back to normal! I've asked him if he minds having sex with condoms and he said he doesn't and that it doesn't feel very different to him. I think we both appreciate how much easier the clean up is with condoms too.
LOL.... I think your BF just doesn't want the booty train to stop showing up......

Condoms are just awful..... I haven't used every brand, but the few I have tried were just not good.

I remember when time was going at it and I remember thinking "oh these feels pretty good, like not wearing one at all."

Yeah... it was good alright, that sucker broke is why it felt "so natural"

Old 02-09-2014, 04:31 PM

317 posts, read 747,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
the woman may not like using the pill. I know i've never used the pill before

but some think condom use means that the partner doesn't trust or love you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
why though? That's stupid.

My ex was always aware of weight gain and apparently the pill makes you retain like .5 oz of water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships