U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM

17,385 posts, read 15,870,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4fun31 View Post
will i be picking my son up from kindergarden on it Hell Yes !!
WTF??

I am hoping you mistyped here.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 PM

27,404 posts, read 21,090,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
WTF??

I am hoping you mistyped here.
You know, I am beginning to wonder if this is a troll thread.
No reasonable person thinks or talks like this.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM

21,266 posts, read 15,074,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I didn't deny that life changes, but my life was never all consumed with the kids. There are two adults in our house, so we could "go play" at times. I used to go out once a week with my friends and my husband went out once a week to play hockey. Sometimes we had a babysitter and went out together.

People can find a good balance between work, kids and interests but it might take some compromise. Of course things will change, but having kids isn't the end to your own interests and yourself as an individual. It wasn't for us anyway.
Once in a while makes you an infrequent attender. It sounds to me like this is has been a lifestyle. It can't continue to be once the baby is here. THAT changes everything. It'll be like moving out of the fraternity and going back to visit now and again. You're not really a member anymore.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know, I am beginning to wonder if this is a troll thread.
No reasonable person thinks or talks like this.
I actually started thinking that several pages ago. This is the OP's very first post. And all the errors and wild punctuation...really looks like someone trying to get reactions.

I should probably stop feeding him.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM

79 posts, read 36,996 times
No type O there he will have a helmet and the school is only about 3 miles from the house ! Also you all can be as cautious as you want but remember i came from a family where my father built high proformance engines and drag raced all the time , my mother had me working o. Family farm running equiptment ect.. At the age of 10 , we cut wood to heat every fall , my uncle breeds and trains pit bulls for search and rescue in the southern states and for pets we have 2 u all will love that ! Lol. And ive been adicted to anything on 2 wheels since my 1st bicycle !! So see thru my eyes alittle here !

Old 05-22-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have to say, I think we had a babysitter twice...maybe. At least in the conventional sense of the word. I was (am) a working mom. I went back to work when my son was 8 weeks old, and I had a caretaker come to my home to take care of him while I was working. When I got off work and came home - I was home. I didn't feel right handing him off to someone else again, when I had been gone all day. His father and I both felt the same way about this. We adored our son, and we really enjoyed our time with him. We hated to give up even a few minutes at night. But everyone is different, of course. I had a good friend that left her baby with her mom when he was 2 weeks old so that she could go out with hubby. She was going stark raving mad staying home.
Same here. We did not use baby sitters when we were not working. I think dd was about 1 when we first had a sitter at night and that was for a wedding.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
No type O there he will have a helmet and the school is only about 3 miles from the house ! Also you all can be as cautious as you want but remember i came from a family where my father built high proformance engines and drag raced all the time , my mother had me working o. Family farm running equiptment ect.. At the age of 10 , we cut wood to heat every fall , my uncle breeds and trains pit bulls for search and rescue in the southern states and for pets we have 2 u all will love that ! Lol. And ive been adicted to anything on 2 wheels since my 1st bicycle !! So see thru my eyes alittle here !
Given that children are required to be in booster seats at that age, is this even legal?

Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 PM

Leaving our kid with anyone else is on an as NEEDED basis only. Not as wanted to go out and carouse.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry dude. Now I'm convinced that you're a complete wacko.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 PM

Mmmm hmmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
Baby on the way and worried wife and i arent going to make it !!-m-09-20-pic2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.