Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 10:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,661 times

Advertisements

I am 27 yrs old. I started dating my now ex when I was 23 and he was 27. he is now 31. I left him bc he cheated on me in our last year together ( we were together for about 3 yrs). We had many intimacy issues due to the fact that he was a little too much of a know it all instead of being willing to hear me out. Also he def had some anger issues that got better in time, but not completely, nor soon enough. I just couldn't connect with him despite how much I tried (first time I EVER had this issue with anyone). Also, he was talking about getting married within the first month of being with me and just would not let up on the pressure. Lastly, his foreplay was sub-par at best although all else was fine (was hoping he would get better).

The last straw was when I found out he physically cheated on me once with an ex girlfriend, and for 3 months emotionally with her. He stated that it was due to the fact that his ego was bruised bc of our lack of intimacy and that he wanted nothing to do with her more than an ego stroke.

However, I could not shake all of the damage that had been done and after a month of finding out about the cheating, I walked away. We had been living together for the first year and half we were together. We broke up briefly for 10 months after that first year and a half bc I could NOT take the yelling and anger issues. After 10 months of begging me to come back to him claiming that he had "changed" I finally caved and gave it another go (I loved him). I came back for about 1 year and things got worse as evidenced in my first two paragraphs.

When I walked away I made no drama, I told him on a Wednesday I was done and would be moved out by the weekend. He was leaving town that weekend. When he made it back on that Monday, just as I said, ALL of my things were gone and so was I . I returned the key and had my mail forwarded to my new home address. He texted me when he returned asking me "how are you doing?"

I never replied back. We have not talked since we ended it which was about 2 1/2 months ago.

Why in the heck is this 31 yr old grown man trashing me and saying hateful things about me? He is claiming that I was very mean to him (almost laughable bc I am a very sweet lady). Claiming that he is sooo happy I am gone when in actuality he was trying to convince me to stay. He is even discussing our intimacy issues with other women and men basically doggin me (by the way lets get this straight, I was the one who first told him I was not connecting with him on that level)? He also went as far as posting subliminal messages about me on twitter and facebook (no idea what he is saying on these now as I blocked him immediately after finding this out) This is so immature and far beyond my scope of understanding bc I just don't behave this way and up until meeting him, I did a great job of not surrounding myself around those who behaved this way. Why is he doing this? What is his point? Should I confront him or just let it ride out? I am dumbfoudned and confused but also upset bc I have always been one to protect my reputation. I just can't believe that a well educated , 31 yr old man, with a family background to be proud of is behaving this way. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,992 times
Hi, it simply demonstrates no class. I've been in messy breakups and for the sake of my ex-girlfriend and her image, I said only nice things about her - and she followed in my footsteps also taking the high ground.

From what you've written, it seems he doesn't have closure and feels "ripped off" and is therefore trying to bad-mouth you, to "get his money's worth".

Honestly, staying quiet would probably be the best idea and let it ride out. But, I personally couldn't do that. I would send him a very BRIEF email saying that you enjoyed your time together with him and you wish things could have worked out in the end and you wish him the best.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,015 times
You're complaining about a guy doing the exact same thing you're doing here?

I'm confused as to what the problem is.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 AM

900 posts, read 1,701,920 times
He's hurt and still has feelings for you. It's ego. Do not contact him. He'd love nothing more than to get a reaction. Over is over. If you are done , say nothing. Shrug it off. He is immature.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

I don't think CD is the same as facebook, twitter, etc where their social circles probably overlap somewhat. This is anonymous... unless he happens to have a good rep on CD and she mentions his username..

Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

You have got to be kidding me? If you are trolling please stop, if you are not, well I just don't have time to explain this to you any further than what I will type below.

I am posting ANONYMOUSLY out of genuine concern after 2 1/2 months of taking this lashing. You all have NO idea who I am or who he is. On the other hand facebook, twitter, and the people he is talking to know EXACTLY who I am.
If you can not understand that then I have not much else to say to you but thank you for your opinion that you are entitled to.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
1- dude seems nuts.

2- art of the mudslinger who sinned - the first rule is: sling first, sling hard, no mercy sir

Keep paying him zero attention. Some skank will distract him eventually.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:04 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,532 times
No one I know trashes their ex-girlfriends...in fact, we never discuss it because there's pretty much no point. On to the next one.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,692 times
Men dont, boys do

Old 05-21-2012, 11:15 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
I am 27 yrs old. I started dating my now ex when I was 23 and he was 27. he is now 31. I left him bc he cheated on me in our last year together ( we were together for about 3 yrs). We had many intimacy issues due to the fact that he was a little too much of a know it all instead of being willing to hear me out. Also he def had some anger issues that got better in time, but not completely, nor soon enough. I just couldn't connect with him despite how much I tried (first time I EVER had this issue with anyone). Also, he was talking about getting married within the first month of being with me and just would not let up on the pressure. Lastly, his foreplay was sub-par at best although all else was fine (was hoping he would get better).

The last straw was when I found out he physically cheated on me once with an ex girlfriend, and for 3 months emotionally with her. He stated that it was due to the fact that his ego was bruised bc of our lack of intimacy and that he wanted nothing to do with her more than an ego stroke.

However, I could not shake all of the damage that had been done and after a month of finding out about the cheating, I walked away. We had been living together for the first year and half we were together. We broke up briefly for 10 months after that first year and a half bc I could NOT take the yelling and anger issues. After 10 months of begging me to come back to him claiming that he had "changed" I finally caved and gave it another go (I loved him). I came back for about 1 year and things got worse as evidenced in my first two paragraphs.

When I walked away I made no drama, I told him on a Wednesday I was done and would be moved out by the weekend. He was leaving town that weekend. When he made it back on that Monday, just as I said, ALL of my things were gone and so was I . I returned the key and had my mail forwarded to my new home address. He texted me when he returned asking me "how are you doing?"

I never replied back. We have not talked since we ended it which was about 2 1/2 months ago.

Why in the heck is this 31 yr old grown man trashing me and saying hateful things about me? He is claiming that I was very mean to him (almost laughable bc I am a very sweet lady). Claiming that he is sooo happy I am gone when in actuality he was trying to convince me to stay. He is even discussing our intimacy issues with other women and men basically doggin me (by the way lets get this straight, I was the one who first told him I was not connecting with him on that level)? He also went as far as posting subliminal messages about me on twitter and facebook (no idea what he is saying on these now as I blocked him immediately after finding this out) This is so immature and far beyond my scope of understanding bc I just don't behave this way and up until meeting him, I did a great job of not surrounding myself around those who behaved this way. Why is he doing this? What is his point? Should I confront him or just let it ride out? I am dumbfoudned and confused but also upset bc I have always been one to protect my reputation. I just can't believe that a well educated , 31 yr old man, with a family background to be proud of is behaving this way. Thanks for reading if you got this far.
Men do not trash their ex's. Boys, however, do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships