Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times

Advertisements

Stay out. If you push the issue, she'll push back that you just don't understand and is you tell his other girlfriend and break them up, your friend will forever blame and hate you for it. You said your peace now leave it alone. You need to be there for her when(not if) it ends badly for her. Just don't say "told you so".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times
I suggest staying out of it. It's tempting to try to intervene in a train wreck in hopes of preventing it, but inevitably the wreck still happens - only now you're squashed too! I think the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." is applicable here.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I suggest staying out of it. It's tempting to try to intervene in a train wreck in hopes of preventing it, but inevitably the wreck still happens - only now you're squashed too! I think the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." is applicable here.
^^
"No good deed goes unpunished." is applicable here"
Bring it up and you will be the loser. In reality "The messenger always gets killed" happens almost everytime! The sad reality of it is you will get labeled as a gossip and a person not to be trusted. Not saying it's right it's just reality as pointed out by experienced people here

Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
^^
"No good deed goes unpunished." is applicable here"
Bring it up and you will be the loser. In reality "The messenger always gets killed" happens almost everytime! The sad reality of it is you will get labeled as a gossip and a person not to be trusted. Not saying it's right it's just reality as pointed out by experienced people here
This didn't happen to me , granted while my friend was telling 2 other mutual friends why she broke up with her guy (but not saying WHO) he tried to cheat with , they said this woman was lying just to break them up! Finally my friend said it was me he tried to get with and our mutual friends shut up and said "it was maddog1? omg , it's all true" Shooting the messenger , a real possibility , but don't you think sometimes you just have to do what's right?

Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
This is an explosive situation to get yourself in the middle of.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I couldn't grin in someone's face knowing something bad is going on with them. Some people can do it, but I can't. Well I agree with LN4, if you two are close you should tell her about the scumbag. If you aren't close, then don't get into it. This is just as off the wall: but maybe you can send her an "anonymous" letter detailing what you know, I dunno.
2012 is real. the world is ending. I agree with Doll Eyes on this one.

I'd make hints and tread water lightly.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
This didn't happen to me , granted while my friend was telling 2 other mutual friends why she broke up with her guy (but not saying WHO) he tried to cheat with , they said this woman was lying just to break them up! Finally my friend said it was me he tried to get with and our mutual friends shut up and said "it was maddog1? omg , it's all true" Shooting the messenger , a real possibility , but don't you think sometimes you just have to do what's right?
Ive paid for it when I opened my big mouth and learned the hard way. A friend of mines Ex wife had a string of Affairs with married men before they got married. I told him just a little of what I knew and was accused of trying to sobotage his relationship.

Unless there is death or bodily harm involved Ive learned to keep my mouth zipped.

The natural inclination is to spill the beans until youve been there a couple of times and learn not to be the bearer of bad news.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
What's your relationship with the guy like? If you're at all close I would tell him you've heard something disturbing and are concerned about the fall out that will occur when it all comes to light.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Ive paid for it when I opened my big mouth and learned the hard way. A friend of mines Ex wife had a string of Affairs with married men before they got married. I told him just a little of what I knew and was accused of trying to sobotage his relationship.

Unless there is death or bodily harm involved Ive learned to keep my mouth zipped.

The natural inclination is to spill the beans until youve been there a couple of times and learn not to be the bearer of bad news.

I hope to god I don't reach a point in my life that I have lost so much respect for myself that I'd get mad at someone for pointing out that I was with a cheating wh*re. If I get there, I will be more than happy to be put out of my misery.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
What's your relationship with the guy like? If you're at all close I would tell him you've heard something disturbing and are concerned about the fall out that will occur when it all comes to light.
This would be giving a jerk opportunity for damage control. He is a manipulator. Why give him any info? What do you think is the right thing to do? Do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships