Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times

Advertisements

if some of these people spent half the time worried about the actual relationship that they spend on the sexual part, maybe more of these relationships would work out. But I don't see that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
People interested in one night stands, especially when drunk should not have any expectation.

Wait what?? I must be doing my wife searching wrong then! No wonder I'm not married

Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeprospectors View Post
Should you create a relationship with someone you had a ONS with, even if you don't want one, in order not to hurt their feelings?
have you tried asking Siri?

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM

3,922 posts, read 6,835,417 times
I have had one night stands. I agree that there should be no expectation, but I think that a lot of the time one the parties involved have more intentions than to "just get laid". I have been on both sides of the fence, one where I had no real interest in dating the person. The other where a door opened to have a ONS with somebody I was actually interested in. I had 2 ONS that turned into relationships, and others that went no where.

The people that expect a call or anything else from the person are probably the ones who actually liked and enjoyed the persons company and would like to pursue a relationship. There is nothing wrong with that. If the other party doesn't reciprocate, then there should be no hard feelings IMO.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM

150 posts, read 250,892 times
Quote:
Why do people have one night stands (especially after drinking), and then automatically assume that something is going to come out of it, and then get hurt when it doesn't, and blame it on the other person? Especially calling on the phone the day after the event? It seems naive.
Sounds like your helping create those expectations, Don Juan. Next time do the "I gotta leave early" (or "you have to leave early because...") routine so that you can sleep in and wake up alone. That usually puts the relationship expectation into perspective, i.e., you're not interested in doing the couples thing when you wake up (cuddling, sharing bathroom, coffee, breakfast chat, about last night...)

Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
have you tried asking Siri?
Best answer!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
Quote:
Why do people have one night stands (especially after drinking), and then automatically assume that something is going to come out of it, and then get hurt when it doesn't, and blame it on the other person? Especially calling on the phone the day after the event? It seems naive.
Because if you give your phonenumber you insinuate that you want more.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM

720 posts, read 3,007,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Because to some people, sex is something important that is significant beyond the discharge of body fluid.
if that were true they probably woudln't be going home and having sex with someone they met 25 minutes earlier right before last call at the bar

Old 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
But if you call the next day, most people will assume you are interested in something more, right?
And if it's not reciprocated, you kindly turn them down. Though if I had a ONS with someone who was at least peripherally connected with my social circle, I might contact them to make sure everything was copacetic afterwards, even if I wasn't interested in more. Otherwise the next meet-up could be pretty darn awkward, especially if you've got a date with you.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
I don't think you need to call back - just act like you want to be just friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships