Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times

Advertisements

DON'T! This is how the ruin of your life (unless you are really young or he's beating the crap out of you.) starts. First you daydream about being single , you start to focus on what you think you could have. Opposite sex starts becoming more attractive and you leave. (Or cheat , cheating might be the better option so that when you find out the grass isn't greener , you might not have lost anything.) This is why people cheat. Not "ethical" but probably smart. Seriously , the grass is not greener. Don't mess up your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Huh. As painful as my divorce was, and despite the sustained emotional damage it caused, the idea of still being married to my ex makes me feel literally sick. It was the right decision for both of us.

Most people who divorce ultimately never regret it. It's horrible and ugly, but recovery and a new life is possible. I am not sure what your experience is, however.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
You think people only get divorced cause they are bored?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You think people only get divorced cause they are bored?
I'm a child of divorce myself. I assure you my mom's divorce of my dad was not due to "boredom." Hopefully dad's alcohol abuse is not considered boredom. Substance abuse is like taking another spouse and cheating, trust me.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Why get married in the first place? Ive talked to some people who believe that having a bad day is a good enough reason to ask for divorce. Lets stop making mockery of an important institution.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM

I have read posts of people on here considering divorce simply because they're bored. These posters seem good and decent. It is my intent the right person will see this and not do something they'd regret. Dating sucks. Fwb etc. It's no longer am I going to kiss on the first date , it's am I going to F on the 1st date. Not even dates! Hang outs. Single life sucks. Remember when you were single and don't go backwards! I know this is crazy to some. I hate being alone. My ex H sucked but he was better than the trash that came next. Should have just cheated and seen first hand how the grass IS NOT greener. Be careful bored married people.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I have read posts of people on here considering divorce simply because they're bored. These posters seem good and decent. It is my intent the right person will see this and not do something they'd regret. Dating sucks. Fwb etc. It's no longer am I going to kiss on the first date , it's am I going to F on the 1st date. Not even dates! Hang outs. Single life sucks. Remember when you were single and don't go backwards! I know this is crazy to some. I hate being alone. My ex H sucked but he was better than the trash that came next. Should have just cheated and seen first hand how the grass IS NOT greener. Be careful bored married people.
You shouldnt advocate cheating, because its the ultimate betrayal of your SO trust and tells volumes about the selfishness of the cheater. Even if kept secret, it often destroys relationships. Cheaters are selfish. Single life doesnt suck at all. It may have sucked for you, sinmce you are unable to exist on your own, but I assure you that there are millions of single people living a fulfilling and content lives.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Grass was greener for me...

No, I wasn't bored in my marriage, there was no cheating going on, no Abuse ... I won't go into details. My life is not an open book on here...

But I can truly say - My life is so much better now. So, Yes - The grass can be greener for many divorced people....

Old 05-23-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Grass was greener for me...

No, I wasn't bored in my marriage, there was no cheating going on, no Abuse ... I won't go into details. My life is not an open book on here...

But I can truly say - My life is so much better now. So, Yes - The grass can be greener for many divorced people....
You are right , everyone's experience can be different. Still , think 1000 x before divorcing.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You shouldnt advocate cheating, because its the ultimate betrayal of your SO trust and tells volumes about the selfishness of the cheater. Even if kept secret, it often destroys relationships. Cheaters are selfish. Single life doesnt suck at all. It may have sucked for you, sinmce you are unable to exist on your own, but I assure you that there are millions of single people living a fulfilling and content lives.
Some people need to be more selfish. Very true nice guys / girls finish last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships