Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you not care about looks if the other person rocks?
Yes, I don't care about looks at all if they are awesome 20 42.55%
Go f@ck off you weirdo freak 27 57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times

Advertisements

Wow. Surprised at the number of yeses so far. Hope those that answered yes actually read the post and not just the thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:51 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
No matter how ugly you are, there's always somebody uglier. And no matter how pretty you are, there's always somebody prettier.

If you like, I can send you a picture of my last girlfriend. She's not too bad by most accounts. Above average. So I could be like everybody else and say ... "I need someone that hot!"

Anyway ... you are wrong, because I've been like this mostly as long as I can remember.

And you are also wrong because there are women posting here who can't get men and they still are shallow.

Anyway. It doesn't matter why you are. You just are. And I believe I would get along with somebody who thinks like me. I don't care what people think.

I DON'T CARE WHAT THE WOMEN WHO ANSWER YES LOOK LIKE. THAT IS THE POINT!

Get it?
you dont have to try and convince me...I guess you are a rare person, I say person because I agree women are the same as men on this topic typically.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Guess what? That's life. You can choose to go along with the flow and find people who will appreciate you for YOU or you can continue to whine and complain and post sob stories here til you drop. It doesn't matter to me personally what you do.

So some moron makes a crack at your chest size. So what? Why would you care what he thinks anyway... was he 'attractive' to you and then he blew it with his comment? What's the problem?

And guys talking about women's asses... again, big whoop. You are not a man therefore you cannot appreciate what it's like to be one... and most straight guys talk about women's asses. It's the way it is. Again, do you want to just say Eff It or do you want to make your life complete misery by caring what a bunch of strangers say about women?
Yes, it's very annoying when I hear men talk about women looks and their body parts. If possible I get up and move somewhere else because that is how much I cannot stand it. I know how men judge women and how they treat them based on hwo they look. And this only puts pressure on me to feel like I have to look a certain way to feel like my existence matters

Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Honestly though ... why would you answer the question I posted with a response like this?

I'm posting a poll asking if there are any women of good character and you post a response showing an example of something that is bad character. Why would you do that?

You didn't post asking if there were any women of good character; you asked whether there are women who absolutely do not care about looks.

Whether YOU realize it or not, caring about looks AT ALL doesn't mean a woman lacks character.

She might care about looks but they're LOW on her priority list.

She might think a guy was "a pretty great guy" but he'd fall low enough on a looks scale she didn't think of him in that way. He might NOT fall low enough on the looks scale, but his personality, despite being great, wasn't something that set her OFF in that way.

A different guy, LESS physically attractive but with a DIFFERENT great personality might be her moon and stars.

There really are just too many variables out there to say that because looks matter to a woman she lacks character or has a BAD character -- and you ARE apparently coming at it from that perspective since you say what you did in the portion I quoted above, comparing it to your initial post in this thread.

Character, like looks, is subjected to judgment of a very personal nature, not just YOUR standard or impression or stance. To think otherwise would very much fall under the labeling so clearly illustrated in this old tongue-in-cheek-but-realistic-nevertheless illustration of how so many self-described Nice Guys actually behave toward women.

Question:

What's the difference between a s{u+ and a b!+c#?

Answer:

A s{u+ has sex with lots and lots of random men.

A b!+c# has sex with lots and lots of random men but none of them are YOU.

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Yes, it's very annoying when I hear men talk about women looks and their body parts. If possible I get up and move somewhere else because that is how much I cannot stand it. I know how men judge women and how they treat them based on hwo they look. And this only puts pressure on me to feel like I have to look a certain way to feel like my existence matters
The point is BOTH genders do it. Somehow, you are thinking - perhaps subconsciously - that it is acceptable when women do it to men. Dunno.

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Women do this as well!! IMO, much worse than men.

I'm trying to grasp how awful you appear to feel about yourself to have the views you do. I don't get it.
read the thread about her obsession on her dark skin and the need to bleach it to appear to be more light skinned..clearly she has issues with herself and issues with what she sees in the mirror.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
The point is BOTH genders do it. Somehow, you are thinking - perhaps subconsciously - that it is acceptable when women do it to men. Dunno.
Women are not nearly as bad as men are. Men are just downright nasty when it comes to treating women based on their looks

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I don't mean anything against him, but I just have a hard time believing anyone (man or women) can be with someone they don't find physically attractive (at least in the beggining).

I'll disagree with this. I've had it happen to me, and I've had the opposite happen -- finding someone physically attractive and then changing to finding them UNattractive because of personality.

I've found some women in the past initially unattractive -- "average" at best, and in a few cases "below average" to varying degrees. However, upon getting to know them, discovering that an awesome person was below that exterior, it seemed that somewhere along the way I stopped seeing that exterior and started just seeing them as the great person they were, and eventually became attracted in a romantic way.

Who's to say? Maybe it never happened or in some cases never lasted because they didn't like MY looks or personality. Not everyone clicks or meshes well.

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
read the thread about her obsession on her dark skin and the need to bleach it to appear to be more light skinned..clearly she has issues with herself and issues with what she sees in the mirror.
That's sad to know. So, does this potentially come down to that she may feel what she feels now because what she is "paying attention to" in public is the men are making comments/compliments toward lighter skinned females - and it gets under her skin because that is where she wishes to be? There has to be more to her bitterness than what she's expressed here.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
You didn't post asking if there were any women of good character; you asked whether there are women who absolutely do not care about looks.

Whether YOU realize it or not, caring about looks AT ALL doesn't mean a woman lacks character.

She might care about looks but they're LOW on her priority list.
I didn't say that and if I implied it I didn't mean it.

That poster's particular response and attitude towards physical attraction elicited the critique of bad character.

Although I think being less concerned about looks does add to character, caring about them obviously does not mean you have bad character. That would encompass a LARGE portion of the population.

Plus I have never dated a woman who doesn't care about looks AT ALL.

Last edited by jobaba; 05-24-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships