U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM

688 posts, read 707,477 times

Advertisements

Some people take life way too seriously.

I say moon them all.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 AM

7,845 posts, read 9,757,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
No the OP, which is me, is the wife.
My husband chimed in which I highlighted in blue...

LOL...I went back a few pages and then saw he was going to chime in...that threw me for a loop

Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,074,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
So you don't believe that he overreacted.
You think he is justified in calling me names and just throwing shade my way.
I don't think he is evil, but rather twisted in his thoughts to me.

Maybe my morals are screwed also for thinking nothing is wrong with having a single fun occasion if it so presented itself to be as that.

But Damn.

Maybe I am a loose ho in some peoples eyes...lol.
I know some people who think showing any skin is the devil so.

I guess I have to either accept his judgement towards me and all the BS or step off.

I think you both were out of line. You said the out of line comment first so its like dropping a match on gasoline and you got burned. That is the problem with being disrespectful/dysfunctional. It tends to keep cycling and playing a war with each other that goes no where but causes more resentment and distance.

And I can empathize with a flip out because of the serious legal consequences. Especially if that comment caught him off guard and hurt him.

I think also as a mother you have to hold yourself to a higher behavioral standard and set a positive example for your kids. They learn from what you do more than what you say. And what I don't like about him with that is you do not talk like that at all if any kids are in earshot. I dgaf how ticked off you are. You walk away and talk about it later.

If I had said that and he said what he did. I would of just shut him down with this:
Look...this obviously is something that makes you mad. If you want to talk about that without the name calling..that cool. But don't speak to me like that because we both are just going to get more angry. You can call the actions slutty but don't apply the label to me when nothing has ever been done. I am sorry that comment upset you.

Take note to not have a self righteous tone. Especially at the close.

But you shouldn't be hurting him and he shouldn't be hurting you. End of story. Think more about that than sticking your bum out.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 AM

7,845 posts, read 9,757,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
No. I read your post but you just keep making it about you and security and his "issues". I am just staying on topic of the mooning and explaining to the detail why her "evil" husband may be p.o.-ed. You did not include detail in your post or links to the local legislature where the OP has posted from. (Which my posts cover the laws of the entire state.) Its is very clear you didn't read the post because if so you would of not made the thong comment.
You're entitled to your opinions but you need to stop picking on me directly. I am stating my opinions based on what the OP is saying and comparing to similar events that happen between my husband and I so I AM staying on topic. I don't "keep" on making it about me. Sometimes including actual experience helps in scenarios like this so one can try to give objective advice. The reason for her husband's reaction could be ANYTHING and I don't disagree with him but I don't agree with the manner of his reaction. Like the OP said, had he said it differently then that would be entirely different.

Mod cut: Off topic. This thread is not about the legality or illegality of mooning.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-30-2012 at 02:40 PM..

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,356,202 times
Counseling is so indicated. You can go to the United Way, you can go to a university counseling center, you can go to a community mental health center. And yes, I dare say, you can go to a church across town and speak with a minister there, letting them know you couldn't possibly show up at your own church after that topic was shared with your own minister. Alternately, when you pay big bucks, you sometimes get the job done quicker, because you listen harder, knowing the costs involved.

As has been stated, you need fair fighting strategies and better ways of communicating your emotions with each other. That you two are still passionate about this topic indicates the feelings you have for each other have not died, but have twisted on each other and are being used as weapons. Stop embracing your hurts and get help. lovesMountains said it several times.

Instead of being on this board, get the help you both need. There was absolutely a split of your relationship due to some moral issue otherwise not addressed. This is a great time to address this difference without letting it become a chasm. Build up from your wrong so this doesn't recur. This topic has really been beaten and you have had your opportunity to vent. Now is the time to do your work.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM

16,487 posts, read 19,682,595 times
It may be ok if you are a teen, but a grown married woman, no. I do think your husband was out of line when he called you the names he did. It sounds like you both have marital problems that go beyond this incident. You might consider counseling.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:12 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,229,037 times
I don't see mooning appropriate especially when you are a married adult. I can understand his disdain on this matter.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 AM

53,703 posts, read 70,232,890 times
very ugly very vulgar. indecent exposure is punished when men do it, the sword should cut both ways.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,229,037 times
Actually now that I think about it I wouldn't have a problem being mooned by nice looking women while I carry on with my daily activities.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:41 AM

771 posts, read 799,168 times
well if you are grown and married i can see why he would not want you flashing your ass around town. Not to mention that everything ends up on youtube so chances are it will get out. But if you are gonna moon or flash a crowd, be aware that your identity might get out and that will affect your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or