U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 02:28 PM

156 posts, read 266,748 times

Advertisements

Though the topic is still a sensitive one in our house, we have (after a few days) made up. But there still is some tension in the air. Love is CRAZY!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:27 PM

37,977 posts, read 36,807,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
ok so my man and I are about to break up. And this is why.

So the other night we were watching tv and saw someone 'moon' someone in a car. So I laughed. While my hubby starts degrading the woman and all. So I intervened and asked what was wrong with it, its not like you could see her face and it was all in fun. Lets just say he didn't feel the same. So he asked would I do that, and I said "if I was hanging with my girls or if you and me were drunk having fun somewhere far away where no one knows me, then I might yeah" ....

Oh boy.
You would have thought I was about to become a stripper. He totally freaked out and then proceeded to take it too far by calling me a ho and a loose ass blah blah....How I am not special and no one wants a wife like that.

Needless to say it became and is a huge fight.
So...some insight into the matter would be helpful.

I asked others if the mooning incident would offend them and they said no.

but at the end of the day calling me loose and ho is taking it too far wouldn't you think.
I think it was a bit of an over-exaggeration on his part. But, mooning people is a little juvenile as well....

Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 PM

69,789 posts, read 60,886,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I have seen where men do stuff like that, it's like 'fart humor' and no one called them 'wh*re' or 'loose' for it, instead it gets big laughs. But what else is new? With that said, mooning is on the same level of sh*t college frat boys would do, like keg stands. There's fun and then there's trashy. I don't see how mooning would be appealing in a woman, especially a drunk one -- but that's just me.
It doesn't get big laughs, it's a turn-off to women . Those guys don't realize it, but they've just lost any chance of getting with any women who hear them making those jokes.

Asking if mooning is ok is like asking if being rude is ok. Do you really need to ask? The more important issue by far is that you and your hubby need couples counseling. Somehow, I get the impression that on some level, you two are strangers to each other. You don't really know each other.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:20 PM

199 posts, read 308,204 times
Mooning is okay...if you're 12.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:52 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,708,923 times
If I was going to break up with someone I would rather it be over something earth shattering like World Peace.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 PM

10,650 posts, read 18,042,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.
Ok, I have been mooned by chicks in cars a few times and never seen any hoo haa.

This whole thread is hilarious. My daughter thought it was a great idea to moon everybody...when she was 4. We laughed it off and put her in overalls until she outgrew it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-30-2012 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM

156 posts, read 266,748 times
I really want to thank all that expressed their opinions and allowed me the space to vent and express my self.

The thing about life to remember is that we must not judge. But love.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM

12,078 posts, read 14,081,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think it was a bit of an over-exaggeration on his part. But, mooning people is a little juvenile as well....
I agree with you Chowhound...but I also think his "over-exaggeration" is also VEEEERY juvenile.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 PM

38,913 posts, read 14,017,586 times
This thread has run its course. Thank you to those who stayed on topic. And, according to Post #121, OP and her husband have made up.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or