Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times

Advertisements

If you're a teenager in Southern California, it's ok.

In fact, there's an annual ritual where a certain passenger train is mooned as it's near the beach. How can you NOT think that's funny?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I'm sure there's more to the Mooning incident - that's got him calling her loose and a ho... And this is why their breaking up? I highly doubt it...
yes...we don't have the whole story

Old 05-24-2012, 12:30 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is like when people fight over who left the cap off the toothpaste - the fight is never really about the damn tube of toothpaste.

You guys have problems in your marriage.

Those problems have made you less attractive to him right now.

So any behavior he finds unacceptable that you find okay is going to just be more evidence for him as to why he shouldn't be with you.

Make an appt to see a marriage counselor right away.

If you two don't start working on whatever the real problem is ASAP, you will not be able to save this marriage.

Oh, and the mooning? Typical high school prank. Any adult participating in doing that in public to strangers has no class, decorum or common sense.
Wanted to rep you but I gotta spread the love lol

I couldn't agree more. As soon as I read it, I said to myself, "This is much deeper than just "mooning".

Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM

3,996 posts, read 5,012,780 times
I think it's a little over the top to say that someone (an adult) who moons someone else has no class or common sense. But I'm not saying it's all that funny either. I think the OP was just laughing at a movie/show, then in the moment of laughter said, sure, that might be fun in these special circumstances and then the husband goes off on a tangent. SO...I do think the problem lies somewhere else but I don't think we should focus on the moon part...it's not a big deal. And if I was riding a train in So Cal and saw a bunch of beach mooners mooning the train, I'd likely laugh... a lot... it's amusing.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 PM

[quote=wishing1;24445028]I feel like there are problems too but I can't figure out why...

Yes the mooning is child like but as we age are we never to have fun again.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but if you can't find other ways to have fun then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your husband doesn't like the idea of a woman, especially his wife, having no problem to stick her bare bottom out the window to someone. What if you "moon" someone from law enforcement in an unmarked car? What if you moon someone elderly? What if there's kids in that car but you didn't see them? They may not see your face but people may follow you or write down the license plate. It's "funny" when it's an 11 year old sitting in the backseat during a really long road trip. A grown woman with children? Not so much.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:46 PM

308 posts, read 445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
What if you "moon" someone from law enforcement in an unmarked car?
When my sister was in Junior High a kid on her school bus made this mistake. They pulled the bus over and asked him if there was a problem with his pants!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,648,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
Yes mooning is low class and all that good stuff. But does it make me a ho or loose.

No, Ma'am, it does not. There is a whole 'nother set of guidelines to meet the "ho" and "loose" category.

I think that there are just some things in his head that he is not sharing w/ you and is using whatever incidents as a scapegoat.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromNY View Post
When my sister was in Junior High a kid on her school bus made this mistake. They pulled the bus over and asked him if there was a problem with his pants!
Hopefully the cop was nice enough to let it go otherwise I can't imagine having to explain that to the kid's parents!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM

156 posts, read 335,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I think it's a little over the top to say that someone (an adult) who moons someone else has no class or common sense. But I'm not saying it's all that funny either. I think the OP was just laughing at a movie/show, then in the moment of laughter said, sure, that might be fun in these special circumstances and then the husband goes off on a tangent. SO...I do think the problem lies somewhere else but I don't think we should focus on the moon part...it's not a big deal. And if I was riding a train in So Cal and saw a bunch of beach mooners mooning the train, I'd likely laugh... a lot... it's amusing.
You pretty much got how the it went... & how I feel...

Now if only I knew what the "real problem" is.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:55 PM

156 posts, read 335,453 times
[quote=bellakin123;24445966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing1 View Post
I feel like there are problems too but I can't figure out why...

Yes the mooning is child like but as we age are we never to have fun again.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but if you can't find other ways to have fun then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your husband doesn't like the idea of a woman, especially his wife, having no problem to stick her bare bottom out the window to someone. What if you "moon" someone from law enforcement in an unmarked car? What if you moon someone elderly? What if there's kids in that car but you didn't see them? They may not see your face but people may follow you or write down the license plate. It's "funny" when it's an 11 year old sitting in the backseat during a really long road trip. A grown woman with children? Not so much.
That's true...And I would feel bad if it went like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships