U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 16,621,457 times
Reputation: 12289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Well the rare instances she does let him off the leash, she calls and texts him non-stop. My best friends wife was telling me that one night during a girls weekend Kim admitted to her that she hates to let him out of her sight, and that she wished he didn't have close friends to make it easier.

Oh, and we go out one weekend every 4-6 months, so it's not like we are going out every weekend and partying till the sun comes up.
I'm sorry to hear that. She sounds like she has very low self esteem and a problem with trust - she's not alone either, there are alot of men and women out there like that, it's very sad.

psstt...Note to Hoboken....when looking for a gal, find yourself a nice confident women!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Weehawken, NJ
2,179 posts, read 5,918,468 times
Reputation: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. She sounds like she has very low self esteem and a problem with trust - she's not alone either, there are alot of men and women out there like that, it's very sad.

psstt...Note to Hoboken....when looking for a gal, find yourself a nice confident women!!
haha that's not a problem because I stopped dating for the year or two. Women aren't worth the headache sometimes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 16,621,457 times
Reputation: 12289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
haha that's not a problem because I stopped dating for the year or two. Women aren't worth the headache sometimes
I hear ya!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:51 PM
 
Location: California
2,188 posts, read 8,947,211 times
Reputation: 3198
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Well the rare instances she does let him off the leash, she calls and texts him non-stop. My best friends wife was telling me that one night during a girls weekend Kim admitted to her that she hates to let him out of her sight, and that she wished he didn't have close friends to make it easier.
Hmm . . . sounds like trouble to me. A little bit obsessive. This is one your friend will need to handle. Doesn't sound like a very happy environment to me. Be a friend to your friend. He may need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Weehawken, NJ
2,179 posts, read 5,918,468 times
Reputation: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Let him decide whether he wants to continue dealing with her immature attitude. At some point he'll get fed up.
I think you just nailed it. See when we graduated he went right to Afghanistan and he only dated this girl for a few months. When he was on leave he decided to marry her before he got shipped to Iraq for his first tour. He's 29 and she just turned 23...going on 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Weehawken, NJ
2,179 posts, read 5,918,468 times
Reputation: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Hmm . . . sounds like trouble to me. A little bit obsessive. This is one your friend will need to handle. Doesn't sound like a very happy environment to me. Be a friend to your friend. He may need it.
She is beyond obsessive. Last weekend I went down to Philly to watch the Eagles game with everyone (husbands and wives) and Joe showed up alone. Chuck joked that he had 4 hours before the warden called but at halftime Joe got a call saying she needed him for a sec. Joey goes home, and guess what? He never came back. I ate his cheese steak for revenge. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 16,621,457 times
Reputation: 12289
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
She is beyond obsessive. Last weekend I went down to Philly to watch the Eagles game with everyone (husbands and wives) and Joe showed up alone. Chuck joked that he had 4 hours before the warden called but at halftime Joe got a call saying she needed him for a sec. Joey goes home, and guess what? He never came back. I ate his cheese steak for revenge. haha
Now that is just downright ridiculous - hey, if he wants to put up with this garbage - then there's nothing you can do! Pathetic, just pathetic, I would never do that crap to my husband, jeez!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
 
Location: California
2,188 posts, read 8,947,211 times
Reputation: 3198
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I think you just nailed it. See when we graduated he went right to Afghanistan and he only dated this girl for a few months. When he was on leave he decided to marry her before he got shipped to Iraq for his first tour. He's 29 and she just turned 23...going on 11.
Oops! He barely knows his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
 
788 posts, read 1,864,007 times
Reputation: 589
I was going to say that she sounds young and then I read to the end and she is a baby. At that age the possessive stuff is kinda normal - and I bet she feels threatened and out of place with all you "old people." But stay out of it - she's his wife and he has to stand up for himself or deal with it. But I'm sure she feels the hostility and then she withdraws even more and doesn't want him to be around people who don't like her - it's an endless cycle. But never make someone choose between you and their spouse or child. It's annoying as all get out I'm sure - but his business.....
Doesn't mean you can't vent to us though!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2007, 05:23 PM
 
Location: California
2,188 posts, read 8,947,211 times
Reputation: 3198
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
I was going to say that she sounds young and then I read to the end and she is a baby. At that age the possessive stuff is kinda normal - and I bet she feels threatened and out of place with all you "old people." But stay out of it - she's his wife and he has to stand up for himself or deal with it. But I'm sure she feels the hostility and then she withdraws even more and doesn't want him to be around people who don't like her - it's an endless cycle. But never make someone choose between you and their spouse or child. It's annoying as all get out I'm sure - but his business.....
Doesn't mean you can't vent to us though!!!
I think this makes a lot of sense. She is very young. Comparing 23 to 30 is like apples and oranges. I would take this into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top