Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Watched on mute, would date her on mute too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Confidence and a slight bit of cockiness is good, don't get me wrong...but if you have to push it and become someone completely different, don't you think the girl will eventually catch on to you being fake?

But but...she's pretty!

Pretty women DO have it easier, so I don't know if I would trust a pretty girls advice on dating. I bet she could walk into a bar and leave with 10 guys phone numbers even if she told them she had 3 kids, was unemployed, no college and a high school dropout.
If your real personality is passive, deferential, and somewhat effeminate and you are heterosexual and struggling, then yes, I think you should tweak your attitude somewhat, at least on the first few dates. I know they say Just Be Yourself, but ...

You don't have to look like an SI model to get that. There's lots of women who boast of being attractive and have multiple men chasing them that look nothing like Kate Upton.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Confidence and a slight bit of cockiness is good, don't get me wrong...but if you have to push it and become someone completely different, don't you think the girl will eventually catch on to you being fake?

If you read about PUA, some of that stuff works on dumb girls who go to clubs , etc etc . At the same time, those PUA sites do a great job in simply transforming a person, if you really read it.. it's not about lying to women and being a fake person; it is about being happy with your life, learning to know that you're a great person and to tell yourself that you are worth any woman and not have to worry about approaching anyone. There are also certain things to do, dealing with psychology such as minor touches and things like that that really can help. They are actually pretty smart guys.

There are other things though, like that guy wearing binoculars and things like that.. sure it can work on some but they look like an idiot in the process , I wouldn't do that.

I however wouldn't completely dismiss what they say on there, although the only reason I can admit reading through that stuff is because this site is anonymous

Old 05-28-2012, 10:04 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Not my type VERY high maintance & then there is the blond thing.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
PUA is for cowards. Wear a funky piece of outfit, reherse one liners and made up stories all to trick women into your bedroom. Give me a break. Yeah, you may get laid a couple more times, but you learn absolutey nothing about real male/female dynamics. Very often PUA guys find someone they want to finaly settle down with, but their idea of how to treat the opposite sex is so distorted that they are in major trouble. Try being a man, not a PUA artist.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I don't even know what you're talking about as far as the site content. Like I said, you need to pick and choose what to use for your own purposes.

I hate games too. And I would never play games with a woman. But some of the stuff on confidence and cockiness did work on the last woman. Hard to tell if it was the PUA stuff or me that worked, but it worked. Know what I mean?
Im sure just like anyhting you can take good parts from it while leaving the fat..I just dont see myself being cocky nor would i want the type of women whos turned on by cockiness and arrogance..

Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im sure just like anyhting you can take good parts from it while leaving the fat..I just dont see myself being cocky nor would i want the type of women whos turned on by cockiness and arrogance..
It's confidence and friendliness/joking around is what they say, they don't tell you to be an arrogant jerk or a cocky bastard

There's a lot of things they talk about that DO work, but are pretty lame on there. I'm not too sure why everyone thinks it is about lying and being someone you aren't though.. it's about being exactly who you are and being happy with that. That's the basic fundamental of it all and really the only thing that's necessary.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:23 PM

76 posts, read 200,352 times
I am generally referred to as a "hot girl" and am approached on the daily.

My current boyfriend is the perfect blend of being a genuinely good person and a totally over-confident a$$. In other words, I guess those tactics work, because he won me over like no other. Sure half the time I couldn't believe some of the crude stuff coming out of his mouth (mostly directed at me and my slim but voluptuous physique), but at the end of the day I could tell how caring he was, and the combination (good vs. bad boy) set me on fire.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:

But but...she's pretty!

Pretty women DO have it easier, so I don't know if I would trust a pretty girls advice on dating. I bet she could walk into a bar and leave with 10 guys phone numbers even if she told them she had 3 kids, was unemployed, no college and a high school dropout.

I agree and you see how for example the answer above "oh I would fertilize her eggs," "I don't care what she has to say," sure they're just random statements/jokes but you see how they get all googly eyed over this type of woman. She can pretty much be any kind of scumbag as long as she looks like she does, they'll take her.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I agree and you see how for example the answer above "oh I would fertilize her eggs," "I don't care what she has to say," sure they're just random statements/jokes but you see how they get all googly eyed over this type of woman. She can pretty much be any kind of scumbag as long as she looks like she does, they'll take her.
Yes, but that example is only useful for bedroom activities. Most guys wouldn't see them as anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships