U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:50 PM

16,623 posts, read 12,806,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
This post in itself seems as sour grapes.
it is, but you also gotta admit it is an accurate criticism of the sort of things men b*tch about on the internet. i thought it was a good post, it's something i try to be mindful of.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM

3,900 posts, read 1,755,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it is, but you also gotta admit it is an accurate criticism of the sort of things men b*tch about on the internet. i thought it was a good post, it's something i try to be mindful of.
On the internet, not in real life which is all that matters.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM

3,098 posts, read 1,903,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im not sure where the idea that anyone feels an entitlement comes from. There is a hugh difference in feeling entitled to have whatever you want and having to settle for something you dont.
to be honest, I just read Onglet's post and not yours, I agreed solely with what she wrote, what it had to do with you, I didn't even read into

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM

2,423 posts, read 743,632 times
Quote:
Different experiences as I commonly see guys whine about this stuff. ONly takes a few minutes with a group of guys together before it's 'nice guys finish last', 'women only want nice guys when it's time to settle down', how picky gals are, what self-entitled princesses gals are, and how good guys outnumber decent gals.

As well as often times what people whine about on the internet may reflect their true feelings.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Though what are the grapes that have went sour in my post?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Different experiences as I commonly see guys whine about this stuff. ONly takes a few minutes with a group of guys together before it's 'nice guys finish last', 'women only want nice guys when it's time to settle down', how picky gals are, what self-entitled princesses gals are, and how good guys outnumber decent gals.

As well as often times what people whine about on the internet may reflect their true feelings.
There are a lot of whining women out there too. I usually here them out in the real world.

"There are no good men out there"
"All men are only after one thing"
"Men are afraid to commit"

Why must one gender be blasted for whining when I've heard both do it?

Old 05-31-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
no, they both matter (to me). they're just different.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post

Though what are the grapes that have went sour in my post?
your opening words were:

My view on modern dating is

and it said nothing positive, only negative. sounds like sour grapes indeed, but i give you the benefit of the doubt that you meant it to be just a criticism and not indicative of your entire view on modern dating.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
no, they both matter. they're just different.
I beg to differ on the point that people say things on the internet they wouldn't say in real life. This thread is kind of silly in my opinion because both genders have it equally hard in the dating game mainly due to the fact that

1. neither are empathetic to the issues that men and women deal with in the mating game. That's where all this gender bashing comes from, a lack of empathy.

2. A lot of people do not know who they are yet and don't know what they want in a partner.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
your opening words were:

My view on modern dating is

and it said nothing positive, only negative. sounds like sour grapes indeed, but i give you the benefit of the doubt that you meant it to be just a criticism and not indicative of your entire view on modern dating.
Different definitions. For me having nothing positive to say only negative is pessimistic. Pretending not to care for something one does not or cannot have or being jealous that someone has what I don't would be sour grapes.

It's a criticism and indicative of my entire view on modern dating. Doesn't seem for there's much positives when it seems increasingly many guys have this mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships