U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 AM

18,435 posts, read 26,650,561 times

Advertisements

It just takes some time, I think. I must have went on a million dates and was in a very str for a couple months with a man a couple of years older than myself. He was much about himself and that would never work.

What I ended up doing is stepping outside the box and going out on a date with a man who was not at all what I was looking for, nearly nothing about him was what I was looking for and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Now I am happy in love with him....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 AM

8,738 posts, read 8,772,604 times
probably was very few to start with then the numbers really dwindled as time went on.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 AM

5,662 posts, read 3,872,386 times
Well i am..

Old 05-31-2012, 05:32 AM

1,726 posts, read 2,760,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
So, why, exactly, would my genetic history have anything to do with who I am? Holy cow, I feel bad for whoever dates you. They probably have to submit a background check complete with DNA test.

What is wrong with a person being who they are, and judged by the content of their character, not a job, income, or an ethnicity?
Actually, I am already married..so clearly I must be one of the good ones since I am already taken...lol..

And you are damn right that I would do a background check before I even consider dating someone exclusively...why do you think you see those stories on the Tru Network TV shows titled, "I Married an Ax Murderer!" or "Who the Bleep did I marry??!". You really think a smart woman is going to shack up with you not having ANY idea about what you do for a living????? I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, dude.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:30 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,227,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Actually, I am already married..so clearly I must be one of the good ones since I am already taken...lol..

And you are damn right that I would do a background check before I even consider dating someone exclusively...why do you think you see those stories on the Tru Network TV shows titled, "I Married an Ax Murderer!" or "Who the Bleep did I marry??!". You really think a smart woman is going to shack up with you not having ANY idea about what you do for a living????? I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, dude.

So, my wife is stupid?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 7,151,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
If you feel most of the good ones are taken, it means you're dating out of your league. You can either improve your desirability or reduce your standards.
For about 70% of men out there this is terrible advice. How low can they go?

Old 06-01-2012, 11:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 7,151,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
It just takes some time, I think. I must have went on a million dates and was in a very str for a couple months with a man a couple of years older than myself. He was much about himself and that would never work.

What I ended up doing is stepping outside the box and going out on a date with a man who was not at all what I was looking for, nearly nothing about him was what I was looking for and I was very pleasantly surprised.

You are a very rare woman, now days. Most women who even contemplate this are nearly 40 or older and usually get cold feet, even then. Of course, their chances are then slim to none.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:06 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'll be honest. Some women are a bit particular about education level and what one does for work. However, there are plenty of exceptions. I know several guys who lack a college degree, work in construction, and are married to women who are bankers, directors of non-profit organizations, investment brokers, etc. In fact, I just read an article about this phenomenon, of women marrying below their "status" (education & job) level. If women find a guy who's devoted to them , is stable, caring, all that good stuff, they'll grab him.
I am 32 and currently dating a 24 yo girl about to take her bar exam. At first, I thought my lack of a college degree would hinder her interest in me, but that has not been the case. She is interested in the fact that I am a hard worker, have started my own biz and also work for an intelligence agency. I also make good money. In my case, experience has trumped education in my field and she knows that. But, most importantly, as stated by the poster above me, at the end of the day, I am stable, caring, a nice guy, and very old fashioned. I am the rock she needs.

Now, let's just hope it lasts....lol.

Last edited by doss1; 06-03-2012 at 10:25 AM..

Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
rs older than myself. He was much about himself and that would never work.

Good for you! Honestly, I think this is more common than people think.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 385 times
It is very sad that all the Good women are all gone, especially the Good old fashioned ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships