U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:11 PM

857 posts, read 324,703 times

Advertisements

"Good" is subjective...

Like I hear a lot of women bishing about "the guys today" but I personally think guys today are better than any previous generation. I do think after a certain age it can be hard to find a suitable partner who is single, due to a smaller pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM

4,483 posts, read 2,949,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
"Good" is subjective...

Like I hear a lot of women bishing about "the guys today" but I personally think guys today are better than any previous generation. I do think after a certain age it can be hard to find a suitable partner who is single, due to a smaller pool.
Agreed with this. One person's good is another person's suck.

A good woman for some men may be an old-fashioned demure woman with few sex partners - less than 7, who's soft-spoken and willing to be a house-wife, in addition to being a Christian

But other guys will see a woman like that as boring and sad, and prefer an extrovert, aggressive, liberal career woman with tons of sex partners and experience.

So depends on what one is looking for.

If people are more conservative and looking for more old-fashioned types, that fit more stereotypical gender roles, which could be considered outdated by many, then they may have a rougher time of it .

Old 02-09-2016, 03:32 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,423,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yes I do agree and have seen it where " it just didn't happen " but on the whole men that moan that there are " no good women or there are no good women left " are to blame as they are clearly actively seeking them.

However in truth another probable answer is they just haven't found one yet?.
All true and viable answers/reasons.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:30 PM

31,497 posts, read 17,475,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
Yes the good-looking women are all taken or just never interested in dating me.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 AM

584 posts, read 258,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Well, I have been on the dating scene after a bit of a break up. All I can say is wow... It seems like the dating scene is in the toilet these days, or maybe it's just me. One thing I've noticed... Women are very particular about what you do for work, as well as how educated you are. Being just a HS grad and a skilled tradesmen, I feel like women look down on me, even though I make decent money and have no problem supporting myself. Certainly I am not rich, but I'm debt free and always saving.

And when it comes to the women I meet, I just feel I am not meeting the right ones. I'm the type that enjoys a quiet walk in the park, or a day out riding bikes. I enjoy being active. What I find is I am meeting women who are more interested in going out every other night, staying out late, etc. I'm 25, I got that outta my blood when I turned 21. There is no life or fun in that anymore.

Sometimes, I do meet women who have their crap together, have goals and ambitions, even good careers. What I find is that, for one reason or another, they would rather be friends than anything more. I'm kind of at a loss. Seems like I am just not up to snuff for the women I would like to be dating. Even still, the ones who have things together seem to be taken off the market in short order.

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before. I'd just like to measure my experiences with others. I'm finding women are much more particular these days, and the options are running a bit slim. I would be interested to hear what others have to say, and any advice regarding this dilemma.
As a divorced guy in his fifties, here is what I have found. I have dated women from 23 to 47 and I have found the under 30 women don't care what I do, how much money I make, what I drive or how I dress. They like me for me. The 30-40 women care much more about what I do for a living and how much I make, but don't care how I dress or what I drive. Now...the over 40 women care about all the above. I have even had 40+ women make snarky comments about my vehicle being a "penis car or truck" and make comments about the way I dress.

I work for a company that requires me to wear a uniform shirt. We are known to make fabulous money. If I am sitting in a bar with my uniform shirt on, I am a chick magnet. They will even comment about ooohhh you must make big bucks. If I sit in the same bar dressed normally, I don't attract an unusual amount of attention unless someone knows me.

If a woman can't accept me for me, and comments on my finances, dress or vehicles, they are not for me. Just my two cents.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed with this. One person's good is another person's suck.

A good woman for some men may be an old-fashioned demure woman with few sex partners - less than 7, who's soft-spoken and willing to be a house-wife, in addition to being a Christian

But other guys will see a woman like that as boring and sad, and prefer an extrovert, aggressive, liberal career woman with tons of sex partners and experience.

So depends on what one is looking for.

If people are more conservative and looking for more old-fashioned types, that fit more stereotypical gender roles, which could be considered outdated by many, then they may have a rougher time of it .
Aggressive women with a ton of sex partners are bad news.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,098,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Aggressive women with a ton of sex partners are bad news.
Send all of that bad news my way, then.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Send all of that bad news my way, then.
Lol. If you just want a one fling they are the way to go, but make horrible partners in a LTR. Been there.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:11 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,098,416 times
Quote:
Lol. If you just want a one fling they are the way to go, but make horrible partners in a LTR. Been there.
We'll just have to agree to disagree there. I like a woman who takes initiative, has a backbone, and is open with her sexuality....for ONS, dating, or LTR's.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:22 AM

7,572 posts, read 3,486,569 times
Quote:
As a divorced guy in his fifties, here is what I have found. I have dated women from 23 to 47 and I have found the under 30 women don't care what I do, how much money I make, what I drive or how I dress. They like me for me. The 30-40 women care much more about what I do for a living and how much I make, but don't care how I dress or what I drive. Now...the over 40 women care about all the above. I have even had 40+ women make snarky comments about my vehicle being a "penis car or truck" and make comments about the way I dress.

I work for a company that requires me to wear a uniform shirt. We are known to make fabulous money. If I am sitting in a bar with my uniform shirt on, I am a chick magnet. They will even comment about ooohhh you must make big bucks. If I sit in the same bar dressed normally, I don't attract an unusual amount of attention unless someone knows me.

If a woman can't accept me for me, and comments on my finances, dress or vehicles, they are not for me. Just my two cents.
McDonald's pays fabulous money? Who knew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships