Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Funny, I moved from Michigan, where I had no problem meeting decent women. Heck, last time I went back, I had women approaching me! Here around Chicago, forget about it. Yet, I always hear women complaining about the shortage of good men in this city!

Hahah yeah I signed up for an online dating thing in the state in moving to and I had pretty decent reply success from the people there so I decided to make an account for the city im in right now and holy crap, in two days I've RECEIVED messages from over 15 different girls and almost every single one has responded to me. I feel like I'm going to be a busy man for quite a while hahah. My current city made the other place look like a bunch of snobs.

Michigan really is a great place to live though and the people are really friendly here. It's hard to get that in a lot of other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 04:04 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Funny, I moved from Michigan, where I had no problem meeting decent women. Heck, last time I went back, I had women approaching me! Here around Chicago, forget about it. Yet, I always hear women complaining about the shortage of good men in this city!
You could try posting a dating question in the States section, under Illinois--Chicago. That could be interesting. You might get some good information.

Wow, Michigan sounds like a great place for single guys!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Lot of model looking girls are single because they are picky.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
From a female perspective I agree dating is really hard. Think about it...finding someone who you are attracted to, compatible with, have the same long term relationship goals as, etc. is really tough. Even if you are able to find someone it takes work to make the relationship last and IMO people these days give up at the first sign of trouble. I don't think that many people today have what it takes to really stick it out through the hard times, work hard at the relationship, and make it last (happily) forever. But I have seen it, so I know it exists. Hang in there. You're not alone in your frustration with dating.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:06 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times
Quote:
Well, I have been on the dating scene after a bit of a break up. All I can say is wow... It seems like the dating scene is in the toilet these days, or maybe it's just me. One thing I've noticed... Women are very particular about what you do for work, as well as how educated you are. Being just a HS grad and a skilled tradesmen, I feel like women look down on me, even though I make decent money and have no problem supporting myself. Certainly I am not rich, but I'm debt free and always saving.
Eh, when I was dating, the minute "how much I made" or "what do I do" came up, I was finished with that one.

My current wife, has no idea how much I make, and never asked, and I dont even think she really knows, or cares, exactly what I do.

My advice is that any woman who has any interest in you outside of your character should be discarded, and that might mean that you discard some of the most "physically desireable" ones, but I say, if you are actually interested in a relationship, that shouldnt be nearly as important as her character either.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Lot of model looking girls are single because they are picky.

Many are on the bankroll of a Wall Street bankster or pro athlete, waiting for them to leave their wife.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Eh, when I was dating, the minute "how much I made" or "what do I do" came up, I was finished with that one.

My current wife, has no idea how much I make, and never asked, and I dont even think she really knows, or cares, exactly what I do.

My advice is that any woman who has any interest in you outside of your character should be discarded, and that might mean that you discard some of the most "physically desireable" ones, but I say, if you are actually interested in a relationship, that shouldnt be nearly as important as her character either.
ur wife doesnt know what ur job is?

Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Maybe he's living a double life as a spy....shhhhh

Old 05-29-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Sure doesnt, and she doesnt care. She doesnt spend like water, doesnt want anything, and trusts me to handle the finances. Thats all that matters.

What she does care about is if Im sick or not, feeling ok, if Im happy with her, what shes going to make for dinner, family, etc....you know, stuff that actually matters, not how much I can buy her or shell get out of a divorce settlement.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Asking someone what kind of work they do is a very normal question when getting to know someone. You're lucky that your wife doesn't care since you find that very normal question so offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships