Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,128 times

Advertisements

Atlguy, you said that relationship lasted 3 months. Even if you stayed with her, that type of insane attraction eventually fades, as you undoubtedly know. Why do you say it doesn't make sense that you're not together? It must make sense since she gave you a laundry list of reasons why she didn't want to be with you. She had major issues, and in order to get over this woman, repeat this to yourself, "She didn't want me." Move on and find a woman who will love you and treat you well. That's the ultimate attraction and one that generally lasts. Not just sex 6 times a day for 3 short months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I just looked up Kate Upton. She's pretty hot!
Good for her. But that's not what I want.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
My last girlfriend looked so good it hurt. She looked amazing, especially considering she is 40, but regardless. Just amazing. This is why I'm having trouble getting over her. The attraction was the strongest I've ever experienced. I think that went both ways, so it makes no sense for us to not be together. We didn't argue, but it turns out she was just crazy. I overlooked personality issues because of the attraction. Plus, she did hide them well.
The way I see it... the 'attraction' was so strong so soon it burned out just as quickly as it was ignited.

My first relationship was like that. All about 'attraction', all about sex, nothing about having anything in common besides those two things and you know what? It lasted all of seven months. That's it.

Here's the thing: relationships based on shallow qualities simply do not last. Sure, it might be 'good' or even 'great' but they burn out just as quickly as they started.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:48 PM

34 posts, read 65,350 times
Yep, the whole "she is so hot it hurts" thing happened to me at work and it has messed with me ever since. Up until last October I had never had that love-struck feeling before. I am 30 and felt like a shy 11 year old when I walked over to her cube to introduce myself. I couldn't even look at her because I was all giddy and blushing. I made a tool out of myself, but oh well. I guess we learn eh...

Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
The way I see it... the 'attraction' was so strong so soon it burned out just as quickly as it was ignited.

My first relationship was like that. All about 'attraction', all about sex, nothing about having anything in common besides those two things and you know what? It lasted all of seven months. That's it.

Here's the thing: relationships based on shallow qualities simply do not last. Sure, it might be 'good' or even 'great' but they burn out just as quickly as they started.
This was far from my first relationship, and we had a lot in common. But in the end, none of it mattered I guess. I assure you it wasn't just physical attraction, at least not for me. I know the difference.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Yeah, that's right.

I tend to go for more 'average' women. I have no interest in having a 'hot trophy'. Sorry to disappoint.
Rabbit's a class act.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about those gorgeous walking in the mall with average joe's? Does that hurt?
This proves that women don't go by looks. All you average and "ugly" guys, take note.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Same reason why a woman won't go out with a guy just because he is good looking. Relationships are not based on just looks.
Don't knock this guy, Doll Eyes. There's some wisdom here. He's kind of on our side.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
I have yet to meet a woman who looks so good it hurts. If that person existed, you couldn't look at her!

Old 06-23-2012, 01:00 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't knock this guy, Doll Eyes. There's some wisdom here. He's kind of on our side.

they all say this ruth. sorry to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships