Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: He should start hugging and kissing her:
After a few minutes 14 18.42%
After a few hours 19 25.00%
Not until the second date 14 18.42%
On the third date or it's hopeless 29 38.16%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so they are weighing their options in that they don't want to spends any additional money or wastes any extra time on a woman they're not going to get laid from, right?
If I'm dating a woman who is never going to be intimate with me, then yes I consider that to be a waste of my time and money. I need to know within a certain amount of time when the relationship will turn physical (i.e., romantic).

Maybe three dates isn't enough time. So then, how many dates is? Do men and women date each other just to hang out and be friends forever or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:25 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
How about none of the above as the answer. What type guy did this shallow poll?

Why would I want to act like in Hollywood movies, where the woman quickly gets intimate with a man she only knows for a few days? Kissing right on the first date would have to be if I'd known the guy for a long time and we were friends at first (example: if he were my childhood male friend Roy and I knew he liked me too... then ok). A total stranger? No thanks.

Heavy petting and anything more than that: Well that takes time.

I'm I not allow to take my time at least for 4-5 months and first start out as friends? I would want to get to know him, his family, his goals in life, his likes/dislikes, etc. before I can even start developing an emotional bonding.

Polls like this is seriously making me lost hope and stay single (as well as continue studying till I get my degree) for the meantime.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If I'm dating a woman who is never going to be intimate with me, then yes I consider that to be a waste of my time and money. I need to know within a certain amount of time when the relationship will turn physical (i.e., romantic).

Maybe three dates isn't enough time. So then, how many dates is? Do men and women date each other just to hang out and be friends forever or something?
either she shows some sexual interest in you within an allotted time frame or you're not interested, can't say I'm surprised. you all seem to say the same types of things. I don't know why men and women date each other they all seem to deserve one another far as I can tell.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
LMAOO @ why don't men give women oral on the first date.

here is my answer:

i am a germophobe and i need time to analyze a woman's hygiene and clothing/grooming before i even try to put my mouth on something that she pees out of and that bleeds 1x a month.
inserting my johnson covered in latex in a woman is not the same as putting my mouth on it. if it stinks, if it looks weird (pastrami-like appearance), if it isn't waxed, i will not go near it with my mouth. i dont even consider shaved. it has to be waxed.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:14 AM

461 posts, read 782,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

This confounds me. Have people lost a sense of connection with one another? What is your end goal? Sex or a relationship? Hire a pro if you want a sure thing. People are different in how they react to someone they like, some jump in getting physical right away and others (like me) like it to simmer until it boils over. But I've never jerked around a guy if I wasn't interested in him. The guys who do get jerked around are the ones so desperately attracted to losers who need money or are using you for whatever else you're offering to get them to go out with you.

So don't be desperate and pay attention to the connection you have with her rather than what happens physically within 3 dates or whatever the rule is. Talk to her, find out what she wants and how she views things. She could be a virgin or was burned and doesn't want to jump into things too fast. Get info and make an informed decision as to whether it's worthwhile pursuing. AND date, date, date until you meet someone that just clicks with you. When it's right, it's easy.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:39 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
inserting my johnson covered in latex in a woman is not the same as putting my mouth on it. if it stinks, if it looks weird (pastrami-like appearance), if it isn't waxed, i will not go near it with my mouth. i dont even consider shaved. it has to be waxed.
LOL, picky much?

Old 06-04-2012, 05:46 AM

27 posts, read 28,969 times
A gentlemen never rushes women into these type of things. As long as you initiate the next step, you cant go too slow. Its better to go slower than she does, because she will be pursuing you.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper 83a View Post
A gentlemen never rushes women into these type of things. As long as you initiate the next step, you cant go too slow. Its better to go slower than she does, because she will be pursuing you.
Yes and those are the rare species. Unless I were traveling to the Deep South or United Kingdom, not many are like that.

Secondly, they sure aren't gonna be found in bars.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:51 PM

17 posts, read 14,817 times
First, I have never gone on a date where I didn't feel like I knew the person before the date. This includes online dating. Here are two recent scenarios, and how they worked out. They happened within the same time frame, and I met them both online.

The first:
* We got to know each other online. We liked each other enough to meet. We talked about meeting somewhere we both were comfortable.
* We met and talked for hours. I had a great time. We closed the bar, and talked until the bar staff was leaving in the parking lot. We did very little drinking.
* I thought about kissing her, but never really got the sense that I wanted to. I did get some signals from her that she wanted me to, but also a little non-committal.
* I went out with her a second time with some other people, and quickly came to the conclusion that I really liked her but not romantically at all. That was the resistance the time before. She was extremely attractive which clouded my thinking on the first meeting.

The second:
* We got to know each other online. We set up date that was a little less cautious. We went out for drinks and appetizers, then to a play. Then back for more drinks.
* She was deliberate as the night went on about physical contact. And very playful as well.
* I was committed that before we parted for the night, I would kiss her.
* She asked for a kiss long before we parted.
* We left after the first kiss, and kissed by her car for a long time.
* I set some boundaries for the next couple of dates, so we didn't jump past getting to know each other better
* We are now dating.

Generally I find that no kiss on the first date is a good sign that there is no chemistry there. I like to kiss, and have kissed many women with no intention of doing anything else. That first kiss tells me a lot about chemistry. During the first date, I let the woman set up most of the boundaries, but if I am into her I will always make a move for a kiss before we part for the night. I will set up boundaries after that, and we will go with whoever has the most restrictive boundaries from there. I have found if we have good chemistry then we tend to also move at the same pace. The first kiss can just be a singular kiss, and still be a good sign. It does not need to move into a make out session. When the first kiss is initiated by me it rarely does go beyond that, but when it is initiated by the woman, it usually goes on a bit longer.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
This confounds me. Have people lost a sense of connection with one another? What is your end goal? Sex or a relationship? Hire a pro if you want a sure thing. People are different in how they react to someone they like, some jump in getting physical right away and others (like me) like it to simmer until it boils over. But I've never jerked around a guy if I wasn't interested in him. The guys who do get jerked around are the ones so desperately attracted to losers who need money or are using you for whatever else you're offering to get them to go out with you.

So don't be desperate and pay attention to the connection you have with her rather than what happens physically within 3 dates or whatever the rule is. Talk to her, find out what she wants and how she views things. She could be a virgin or was burned and doesn't want to jump into things too fast. Get info and make an informed decision as to whether it's worthwhile pursuing. AND date, date, date until you meet someone that just clicks with you. When it's right, it's easy.

haven't you heard it's a waste of 'time and money' if you're not doing what they want in the allotted time frame. Chop, chop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships