Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:42 PM

10 posts, read 10,463 times

Advertisements

So, this might end up being a little long, but here goes.

I became friends with someone (through mutual friends) and we started sleeping together. We ended up getting extremely close, and he was calling me his "girlfriend figure". If we weren't together, we were ALWAYS on the phone. Every single day we talked several times. When we started talking, within a few weeks, we knew that we both liked each other and admitted it. Since we started out as friends with benefits, I knew that he was still sleeping with other girls. I know that I went wrong on my part by bringing up a relationship with him (too much). He said that it wasn't that he didn't want to, just that he didn't want to unless I quit smoking and he made sure that he wouldn't cheat. He has never denied that he has cheated before. About a week before V-Day, he found out that I am in love with him, and told me that he loved me. Not as a friend, but that he was falling in love with me. He ended up bailing on me on vday, and after that he sopped talking to me as much as he used to. We talked every other week or so and almost never saw eachother. We just started hanging out again (and sleeping together) and me being me, had to know if what we had was over. I asked him if he wanted me to move on or not. He said that it was cruel of me to ask that, and that he doesn't know. So, guys, if that were you...what would really be going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Sounds like he couldn't get his pen wet with other ink wells and just happened to remember there was a spare one in the drawer, full and ready to put out.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I don't know if there's more to the story or not, but from reading exactly what you said the guy sounds like a rat. If I was going to play a girl, have her fall for me and at the same time sleep with whoever I wanted... well I would do exactly what that guy did to you.

I'm not the best or most moral guy in the world, but I'd never do that.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,165,894 times
He's being a guy. If a guy wants to be with you, they will do whatever to be with you. Watch the movie, He's Just Not That into You. It's true. Sounds like he lost interest somewhere along the way or met someone else and wanted to get to know her a bit better before being tied down. Don't play along. Live your life. Don't sit around waiting for him. I know, it sucks!!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't know if there's more to the story or not, but from reading exactly what you said the guy sounds like a rat.
More or less. It got to a point where he wasn't sleeping around. He literally didn't have the time to. I'd be at his house all day and all night. His family even thought that I was his girlfriend I was there so much, or we were on the phone so much.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Sounds like he just wants to get laid to me.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Sounds like he just wants to get laid to me.
Haha, yeah. I guess my problem with that thought is that he had so many other girls that he could be sleeping with and didn't even need to bother with me. Before we started sleeping together, he told me about them...to an extent. It's not like I was the only one. We went out on dates and he took me out and we'd spend days on end together,

Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
What would really be going on is that you tried to change the rules of your arrangement with him, he saw an opportunity to exploit that for short-term gain, he got what he wanted, and he dumped you. But when he couldn't find someone else to sleep with, he came back, and you willingly accepted that and started sleeping with him again.

You know. Because you're a doormat.

Live and learn.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebrd View Post
Haha, yeah. I guess my problem with that thought is that he had so many other girls that he could be sleeping with and didn't even need to bother with me. Before we started sleeping together, he told me about them...to an extent. It's not like I was the only one. We went out on dates and he took me out and we'd spend days on end together,
The guy's a player, hon. Yup. They'll do whatever it takes to get in them jeans, and once you became attached he ran to get with another woman. Then, when that well ran dry, he ran to another woman he was talkin' up. Eventually he came back to you.

I've seen this crap before, just as I see it now.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,120 times
Female here. He is being casual with you. Do you want to be a casual girl? If not , don't. Figure out what you do want and if he can do it , great. If not , let it go. He may (but it's a really big maybe because you have already been casual) because of supply and demand , wrong reason btw ,do whatyou want. If you don't want to be casual , don't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships