Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 12:48 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You cannot control who you fall in love with and when.
Yes you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Fell in love early. We got married early.

You know what the benefit is in that??? My husband and I each think we are the best lovers ever. We have no one to be compared to or live up to. It's a wonderful peace.

Truth be told, you two could be having mediocre sex but because you haven't had sex with anybody else you would not even realize it.

I'm not trying to disturb your peace but I'm just pointing that out.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Yes you can.
Maybe you possess those magic powers but most people do not.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Exactly. That's why it's harder and harder for women in their 30s to find decent men - we don't want guys who've slept with every woman possible just because they thought their success entitled to them to that behavior.
There is nothing wrong with a man who wants to sleep with a lot of women.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Relationship wise, most people just let things happen due to lack of self discipline in that particular area of life.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:56 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
You DO have the ability to choose to act on it.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
[/b]

this is what i'd worry about most if i were a man. Do you know how many women say they want to find a man just like my husband???? Yet, these same women wouldn't have looked in his direction 10 years ago because he didn't dress "cool" and drove a beat up crapbox while commuting to school so that he could save money on his tuition. Yet, i was his girlfriend and proud to ride in his beat-up old car and lend him mine when his broke down. These girls only want him now because he's got prestige and power in his job and makes money. They wouldn't love him for him like i do.
+100!!

Old 06-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
What if having a wife and family ends up being a LOT more satisfying to you than the rest of that?
Either way, he better travel and party first because he can start a family LATER versus if he starts a family now, he won't be able to walk away if he's not cut out for the boring family life.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Relationship wise, most people just let things happen due to lack of self discipline in that particular area of life.
I don't equate falling in love with a lack of self discipline. I do equate it with a lack of self denial and openness to emotion - but I don't think they are the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You DO have the ability to choose to act on it.
We have the ability to control all of our actions - just not all of our emotions.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of guys on this forum who think that love is a bad thing.
I did the research and I came to the conclusion that women don't "fall in love" with any man. Women "fall in love" with men who are more powerful and successful then they are all while ignoring all the other men who like them because they have less status.

So with that said, women do control who they fall in love with; they just make sure they fall in love with all the high status guys.

Quote:
That a wife is more like dead weight than someone who enhances your life.
In this day and age, women can come to the table not only not knowing how to do simple things (i.e.cook, clean, healing the sick) but they come to the table with major debt (credit cards, student loans) kids from prior relationships and health problems (obesity).

So tell me? How is this type of woman suppose to enhance my quality of life?

Quote:
My husband hurries home every night to be with me. He gets on the train car closest to the stairs closest to his car so that he can get home to me as quickly as he can because he wants to see me as soon as he can. We don't confine each other. We don't bore each other or annoy each other. We don't feel like we are trapped. Our lives are better because of each other. Traveling is more fun together. Watching TV is more fun together. Life is more fun together. We met a few years before my husband "planned" on meeting his future wife. Oh well.
Good for you and I'm happy for you two. However, I would like to see you two 10 years from now when the novelty of being a new couple wears off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships