U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Status: "How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same?" (set 3 days ago)

19,482 posts, read 12,444,002 times
Default Snake husband buys $1.5M worth of bling at Neiman Marcus so his GF can get the commission

and Neiman Marcus will not take any of it back despite their generous return policy. His ex wife is suing Neiman Marcus and the GF is still employed as a personal shopper.

Neiman Marcus Shopper Says She Was Betrayed, Sues Over $1.4M Return - ABC News
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-30-2012, 01:50 PM

12,062 posts, read 17,100,969 times
I imagine timely is the key phrase in the return policy. And how is NM culpable for her husband and the personal shopper's actions? Why should the GF have been disciplined? This case is nonsense -- I don't blame this woman for being angry and bitter, but it's misplaced.

Unread 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM

6,992 posts, read 7,298,391 times
Team NM here.

Unread 05-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Status: "How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same?" (set 3 days ago)

19,482 posts, read 12,444,002 times
But Neiman Marcus has built it's reputation on it's incredible return policy and she tried to return these things in a timely manner. I'm thinking it is the volume which has them ticked but they have not given a reason for not taking the things back. As I understand it, she has had these things in storage and not worn any of it after they would not take it back.

The moral of the story is don't underestimate the sleaziness of a husband when a woman is sick in bed. Why would she need furs and bangles when she was in bed recovering from this horrendous accident? Hope she got a good divorce settlement.

Unread 05-30-2012, 04:06 PM

9,909 posts, read 9,783,023 times
She needs to get over it and move on. Sell the stuff out of the storage unit and use that money to move on. Good god

Unread 05-30-2012, 04:13 PM

5,190 posts, read 2,891,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
But Neiman Marcus has built it's reputation on it's incredible return policy and she tried to return these things in a timely manner. I'm thinking it is the volume which has them ticked but they have not given a reason for not taking the things back. As I understand it, she has had these things in storage and not worn any of it after they would not take it back.

The moral of the story is don't underestimate the sleaziness of a husband when a woman is sick in bed. Why would she need furs and bangles when she was in bed recovering from this horrendous accident? Hope she got a good divorce settlement.
Exactly. I doubt NM gets in the middle of domestic disputes which may be another reason for them not to refund the items but I definitely agree it probably has more to do with the dollar value.

Unread 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM

675 posts, read 622,152 times
The goods were purchased from 2007 to 2010. NM does not have to take back items that are 5 years old.

My opinion- the ex-wife filed this suit to bring attention to the scandalous behavior of her ex-husband and the NM personal shopper.

Unread 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM

42,303 posts, read 49,185,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Team NM here.
You and me both.

What the heck did the store do wrong??

But hey, there's nothing more crazed than a woman scorned.

Her anger is sorely misplaced though.

Unread 05-30-2012, 07:45 PM

576 posts, read 317,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I imagine timely is the key phrase in the return policy. And how is NM culpable for her husband and the personal shopper's actions? Why should the GF have been disciplined? This case is nonsense -- I don't blame this woman for being angry and bitter, but it's misplaced.
Right on. This is NOT NM fault.

Unread 05-30-2012, 07:55 PM

14,733 posts, read 6,606,521 times
Well, at least her husband gave them to HER and not the personal shopper!!!

Why doesn't she just sell them? Misplaced anger indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships