Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
To me Dating a woman that had or having a sex change is like dating a woman born a woman NOPE Wont do it! Same as I cant see 2 men dating even with one having sex change.. Cant see that being any different as being GAY!
IF your attracted to same sex Just admit your GAY! Cripe this is 2012... Get your butt out of the closet! With clothes on please
Trans is different from being gay, although there may be overlap. Like my friend, who while trans STILL prefers relationships with women. Some may say, 'wouldn't it be easier just to remain a male?' But it's also about self-identification, not who you want to screw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's how I feel, too. And I told my best friend that before. Not to be mean - but he would often go for straight girls and get heartbroken. I tried to tell him that most super straight people need to be with person who was born the opposite sex. I told him he needed to focus more on lesbians and bisexuals. He's actually dated a couple straight girls but they realized that they were bisexual or lesbian and just hadn't come to terms with it yet. Sexuality can be a tricky thing. Some people are more go with the flow when it comes to sexuality - and some people aren't.
Meh. Just tell him it's another thing women use to screen guys out.

Height, race, income, used to be a woman...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
meh. Just tell him it's another thing women use to screen guys out. :d

height, race, income, used to be a woman...
lol!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Not to my knowledge lol but I wouldn't even consider it, actually very turned off by it.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Trans is different from being gay, although there may be overlap. Like my friend, who while trans STILL prefers relationships with women. Some may say, 'wouldn't it be easier just to remain a male?' But it's also about self-identification, not who you want to screw.
Nail on head. Gender and sexuality are two different things. I am TG, but still trying to figure out my sexuality LOL.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm not transgender and I've never dated anyone transgender but one of my best friends is transgender and we've talked about almost all of that stuff. So even though I'm not speaking from personal experience -
1)He had his chest done and he had a hysterectomy but he is still has lady parts down there. That's a really expensive procedure and it doesn't seem like it's really worth it yet.
2)He identifies as a man.
3)He prefers for people to know him as a man and not know that he is transgender. I have another friend who is comfortable with people knowing he is transgender but my best friend is not. It's strictly on a need to know basis.
4)He hasn't had any problems with this. He is actually getting married to a woman. Most of the women he has dated have been lesbians or bisexual. He dated one guy who was "straight" but later came out.
Thank you so much for sharing with me. I've come across the dynamic where a trans person was the opening gates for someone realizing they were bi rather than all gay/straight.

Sexual orientation gets hard to define when dating someone who is transgender and doesn't identify as fully male/female.

I wonder if, and what percentage of, FTM and MTF transsexuals feel like they fit into the straight/gay/bi paradigm for sexual orientation.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
No but I did meet my friend, who is a mtf transgendered person, through the internet. Actually when I met her she identified as a lesbian and didn't reveal she was trans. It was only about a whole year later that she revealed she was trans and was actually bi. Believe me, she's one of those whom NOBODY suspects of. That's why she can keep it a secret (which she does except for close friends and um, intimates of course). Being kind of nerdy to start off with probably helped. I was never attracted to her even when I didn't know.

I also know have an online ftm transsexual online. Speaking with them gave me both perspectives. He began therapy/hormones and looks a lot different to how he did two years ago when I met him.
The transsexual people I know pass completely and fly under the radar as traditional men and women in their day-to-day lives. I think the idea that all trans people are "easy to read" is a myth originating from the people who assume that they always know when some is trans based on the few people they are able to read, without realizing how many trans people they come across that they didn't even read as trans.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I've met a FTM who was lesbian pre-transitioning and now identifies as a gay man post-transitioning. I think it's pretty interesting how sexual orientation and gender, despite being distinct things, intersect and interact with one another.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:06 PM

89 posts, read 146,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
agreed, no offense to anyone, but born a man always a man just my opinion
Well I DO take offense! When you say, "man" you need to clarify that. Are you talking sexually or gender? If a person is born with a penis and later on decides he doesn't identify as a man but identifies as a woman that he is a she. Sexuality is between the legs and gender is between the ears. Some people don't understand that because they haven't been educated in that area. You can't have an opinion on something that is fact. It's like saying your opinion is that the grass is blue not green.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:09 PM

89 posts, read 146,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Thank you so much for sharing with me. I've come across the dynamic where a trans person was the opening gates for someone realizing they were bi rather than all gay/straight.

Sexual orientation gets hard to define when dating someone who is transgender and doesn't identify as fully male/female.

I wonder if, and what percentage of, FTM and MTF transsexuals feel like they fit into the straight/gay/bi paradigm for sexual orientation.
I am a m-f transsexual. I present and live as a female. No one ever suspects I am trans. I am also attracted to females. I doubt yout theory works because if that were the case there would be a lot more gay men presenting as females. I don't understand when you said, "Sexual orientation gets hard to define when dating someone who is transgender and doesn't identify as fully male/female." I consider myself a lesbian since I am attracted to females and I identify as a female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships