Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:44 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Real love, once...honestly don't know if it's possible for a person to have that kind of love more than for one other person ever, that's what makes it so special. Other kinds of love may exist but aren't quite the same.

Some Kind of Love - The Velvet Underground - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Falling in love is never a choice.

Staying in love with someone when the going gets tough and the honeymoom phase wears off is
Not but you can control how much you feed it, like any other obsession. Not saying love is an unhealthy obsession, but what about if you have inappropriate love (say for a married person or someone you know is bad news for you). You have the power to control how much you expose yourself to them, how much you distract yourself from thinking about them.etc. I don't buy it's TOTALLY out of your control. I've had crushes but I don't think I've been truly in love. I think that requires a level of caring about the other person that comes from spending a lot of time with them. I believe in 'infatuation' at first sight but not 'love at first sight.' A difference exists.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
You want to die when your love breaks up with you. But then you pick up the snotty tissues and take a bath then eat eddy's icecream....hate men....."Then you move on, but have hang ups that you try to battle."

Old 05-31-2012, 09:04 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
I should of added this to my last post.

I believe (and this is MY opnion) that there is a HUGE difference between being in love & loving someone. I LOVED my wife & LOVED my ex-gf. Yet none of them compared to the women I'm with now. Does that mean I can't fall in love with someone else IF things go south with this women?
At this point in my life I can't say if that's possbile or not. I guess anything is possible.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I should of added this to my last post.

I believe (and this is MY opnion) that there is a HUGE difference between being in love & loving someone. I LOVED my wife & LOVED my ex-gf. Yet none of them compared to the women I'm with now. Does that mean I can't fall in love with someone else IF things go south with this women?
At this point in my life I can't say if that's possbile or not.
After all this time I don't get the difference between 'infatuation' and 'being in love'. Unless people confuse the two. It's all just friggin' terminology!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
After all this time I don't get the difference between 'infatuation' and 'being in love'. Unless people confuse the two. It's all just friggin' terminology!

Like with anything else you have to experience it to know the difference.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Like with anything else you have to experience it to know the difference.
How do I even get to know a girl enough to fall in love with her?

It's like all I get are glimpses, not even to just have a crush on someone.

How can you truly fall in love with somebody you don't know?

Is it love at first sight or infatuation at first sight?

Women are so busy these days they don't give you an opportunity to get to know them. No wonder relationships are so shallow and sex-based.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:17 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
The two are completely different. Infatuation is euphoric...being carried away...all-consuming, sparks fast and burns out early.

Love is...secure, peaceful, intense but calming and contented.

No one can really explain this to you...hopefully you'll fall in love one day and then you'll get it.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:

Women are so busy these days they don't give you an opportunity to get to know them. No wonder relationships are so shallow and sex-based.

This is going to sound really lame but you'll know I can't put into words that would make any sense. It's something that words fail to express I wish I could tell you when it hits you.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:

You spend far too much time on this forum to ever meet a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships