Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Can you?

I occasionally find myself feeling emotionally attracted to women I don't find physically too much of a turn off. They're a bit cute, have a great personality, give me the butterflies, but I couldn't imagine getting revved up for them...as it stands...as I got to know them, and maybe if I began a sexual relationship with them, that might change. But it's just perceptions.

Of course as a man (or a human being) I as most often just feel lust without any emotions attached. I assume for some though it doesn't work that way. The physical follows the emotional. It seems for men it tends to be the emotional follows the physical, but of course people are people.

I've never had sex inside a relationship (I'd prefer not to discuss that sentence any further, lol ) but I can imagine having a FWB type relationship, although it wouldn't be totally fulfilling.

Maybe I THINK I can separate it because I speak from no experience, but maybe they're more connected for ME than even I think.

Like I think the um, climax, is more an emotional thing - kind of like cocaine or something - so ultimately the physical experience of sex and the emotional thrill of love culminate and meet in the act of climax.

How is it for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
I suppose if I wanted just sex I could go out and buy it.....and I know I could never be in love with someone who didn't enjoy it....when you have the two together...man...the sparks can fly

Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 AM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Can you?

I occasionally find myself feeling emotionally attracted to women I don't find physically too much of a turn off. They're a bit cute, have a great personality, give me the butterflies, but I couldn't imagine getting revved up for them...as it stands...as I got to know them, and maybe if I began a sexual relationship with them, that might change. But it's just perceptions.

Of course as a man (or a human being) I as most often just feel lust without any emotions attached. I assume for some though it doesn't work that way. The physical follows the emotional. It seems for men it tends to be the emotional follows the physical, but of course people are people.

I've never had sex inside a relationship (I'd prefer not to discuss that sentence any further, lol ) but I can imagine having a FWB type relationship, although it wouldn't be totally fulfilling.

Maybe I THINK I can separate it because I speak from no experience, but maybe they're more connected for ME than even I think.

Like I think the um, climax, is more an emotional thing - kind of like cocaine or something - so ultimately the physical experience of sex and the emotional thrill of love culminate and meet in the act of climax.

How is it for you?
That's true for both genders. It's due to oxytocin release. Men feel more bonded to their partners after sex. I just did a quick google search. There's more out there to confirm this.

Women have more oxytocin in their systems so it's even more true of women .

"Unlike caffeine, nicotine, or cocaine, these chemicals are the rewards our bodies treat us to when we are doing something good for ourselves: exercising, laughing, having sex, falling in love. And, they are the reason why exercise can bring us out of a funk, laughing can become contagious, sex can seem can be better than chocolate, and we go back to love even after our hearts are broken. The endorphin fix is hard to shake, because they are not only addictive but they make us happy, energized, feeling strong and alive." Couples Committed To Love

Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Can you?

The greatest, most fulfilling thing for me in making love with my wife has nothing to do with a lustful, physical attraction or the satisfaction of my own climax. It is her emotions, her actions, her reactions, her satisfaction that is so emotionally fulfilling, and stimulating.

In a way, the close, emotional connection and bond revs us up, and takes being revved up beyond the norm into another, greater level.

So yes, I can seperate the two.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:27 PM

545 posts, read 908,766 times
Keep love out of the picture when ya know there is no future. There is the danger of developing feelings for a repeat booty call though. When ya that might be coming on it's time to end the fling.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Keep love out of the picture when ya know there is no future. There is the danger of developing feelings for a repeat booty call though. When ya that might be coming on it's time to end the fling.
That would be the infamous Love Hangover!

Old 06-01-2012, 03:28 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I have been known to disconnected sex and love on more than one occasion.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:57 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Sorry but for me love and sex is like night and day..

Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I can separate it somewhat... I have in the past... but if I like the girl at all..... it's hard to not "like" her.....you know what I mean....

Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I don't seperate it; I can't have one without the other......
To me, the two go hand in hand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships