Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:54 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
The past is the past. Someone could have gone through a wild phase over 10 years ago and racked up a lot of partners and maybe now they haven't even had sex in 2 years.

Btw- You can get an STD from 1 time or 100. So really, who is the bigger fool, the guy who had 20 sex partners and always used a condom? Or the guy who had seven and never used one?

your logic is correct...but I'm wondering...how many really use protection now a days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
your logic is correct...but I'm wondering...how many really use protection now a days?
not too many. There is always a good amount of people who don't use condoms for oral sex and than the younger generation. Normally do penetrative sex and later put on a condom in order to not get her pregnant. I am sure some of my friends have std's even if they say they don't.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
So would it matter if you practice safer sex and still had many partners?
A onetime one night stand and a few lovers would not bother me so much as someone who can't even keep track of the lovers they have had. I agree with bluegrassgirl on this thread, it would matter to me, I want someone with similiar morals as me.

As she said ~~ For me.... it would matter.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:25 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Previous partners, NO.

Current partners- YES.

Once you're over 25, the dating pool has pasts. You have to focus on the present and the future instead of the past. With the exception of criminal history and numerous marriages or children, of course.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:33 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi-in-Arlington-Heights View Post
So would it matter if you practice safer sex and still had many partners?

No, it wouldn't make a difference in my book.
Besides that what method is 100% "safe"???...besides abstaining, of course.
It's too risky and irresponsible to have many partners no matter how one looks at it.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:02 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,547 times
It's hard to really get people to be honest about this kind of stuff. You have to remember to not to be fooled, you can always be dating an "everything but" person.

The guy or girl who has had intercourse with only 4 people....but has had oral sex with so many people they wouldn't be able to keep track. So they may only tell you they had 4 sex partners, but they could have given 200 blow jobs.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
It's hard to really get people to be honest about this kind of stuff. You have to remember to not to be fooled, you can always be dating an "everything but" person.

The guy or girl who has had intercourse with only 4 people....but has had oral sex with so many people they wouldn't be able to keep track. So they may only tell you they had 4 sex partners, but they could have given 200 blow jobs.
People can always be mislead. However, if we truly take time to get to know a person, we learn their sexual history, their emotional history, their dating history, their family history....... Unless we're just looking to date and have casual sex, then we take the time that is needed to get to know a person, thus decreasing our chances of being duped by someone. I'm not naieve and certainly know that there's folks that would lie about everything from their past.... but we can take steps to minimize the risk of being hurt emotionally and physically by not allowing ourselves to jump into relationships or into bed with someone.

I know many people who don't agree with the way I feel about the subject. For me.... casual sex without honesty, feelings, and some history together is meaningless. JMO

Cremebrulee - Loved your posts - as usual.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:15 PM

119 posts, read 456,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
hmmm, I used to feel this way, but, I don't any longer...b/c of sexually transmitted diseases...and I'd like to know and feel inside, that he is in control...having a partner is an investment...of feelings, time, and sleeping with everyone, they slept with in the past....I don't know, for me, if I were dating, I'd want to know that I'm dating someone who didn't need to sleep around...who was mature and responsible...and didn't give in to self indulgence...by using others, yanno?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it is the way I feel...

and not to say your wrong, we just feel differently about the subject.
I don't think we feel differently about...we are just using different words for the same meaning. Some people have a past...I had mine when I was 18, 19, and 20. I'm 30 now and feel very fortunate and grateful that I got through that time alive and healthy. Who am I to judge someone for their past?

At this point in my life and from now on, I feel a partner is an investment. I haven't always felt that way. I must have someone who feels the same way about it. The past is the past....and as long as there is no disease and he doesn't cheat one me, the past will stay there.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM
proudmary

n/a posts
Totally mattered to me while I was on the dating scene. If I found out that a guy who was interested in me slept around, I didn't date him. It was reflective of how out of sync our values were. I wanted a guy who respected and treated women well, not some guy who couldn't control himself like a dog in heat. I also didn't need to be compared to 100 other chicks in bed. I especially wouldn't want any unknown children coming out of the woodwork from my guy's past. And don't get me started on the diseases! Why anyone sleeps around in this day and age is incomprehensible to me. Too risky!

Old 09-23-2007, 06:49 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
I think it definitely matters.
I would never date a guy who has had alot of partners that is disgusting.
Where's the morals and values in the world today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships