Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well i disagree with you. most women do not go for the hottest looking guy regardless of how he treats her.
I didn't say that was my opinion. I said the claim could be made just as easily as its counterpart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
A lot of people have generosity when it comes to time and $. Of course, in dating and relationships, NOBODY EVER shows generosity. They just wonder what everybody can give them. This has always puzzled me.
NOBODY? EVER? Really? That seems so...absolute.

I think I see the source of the problems you are having with your love life.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Did anyone get my joke?

."
Got it and stole it. It made me laugh.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
We all know life isn't fair. I try not to compare my life to anyone else's. Lots of people have it better than me and lots have it worse. I'm single right now and I sometimes feel it's unfair when I see others getting married and having kids when I want that so badly and it keeps escaping me. But who knows what their life is really like. And comparing your life to a celebrities isn't such a great idea.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I didn't say that was my opinion. I said the claim could be made just as easily as its counterpart.
a lot of claims can be made but typically i see men going for women that either out of their league attractive wise. they goes for those types first b/c they don't think she should have to 'settle' with a lesser type, even if the lesser type isn't that bad. they only ends up settling for the lesser type of woman b/c it's a last resort but that's not what the aimed for in the beginning.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
a lot of claims can be made but typically i see men going for women that either out of their league attractive wise. they goes for those types first b/c they don't think she should have to 'settle' with a lesser type, even if the lesser type isn't that bad. they only ends up settling for the lesser type of woman b/c it's a last resort but that's not what the aimed for in the beginning.
Women "settle" but only when they absolutely must.

Men don't settle. They either take what they can get or they opt out.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Only a small percentage of men are players but they (and men like them) get 90% of the interest from women. It is no wonder that there are so many unhappy women out there.
Why do men believe this? Do you guys have sisters, cousins, female friends who go for players? I've never known any women who go for players. Not now, not ever. Were your fathers players, is that how they attracted your mothers?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
NOBODY? EVER? Really? That seems so...absolute.

I think I see the source of the problems you are having with your love life.
Haha. OK. It was a bit exaggerated.

What I meant was that people don't think, "Oh. That guy/gal is really sweet and they really like me. Maybe I'll date them for a while even though I'm not crazy into them."

That kind of generosity. People do it when it comes to other things in life.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do men believe this? Do you guys have sisters, cousins, female friends who go for players? I've never known any women who go for players. Not now, not ever. Were your fathers players, is that how they attracted your mothers?
Interesting you bring this up. My father actually has 'no game', is socially retarded, is in no way fun or exciting, and is really short. But he's smart and interesting, had a stable decent career and is really a good generous man.

Based on what I've seen in life, I don't know how he would ever manage to land a woman these days. I can't even imagine him approaching a woman. But he got my mother who is actually quite social, pretty engaging, probably pretty attractive back in her day, and one of the hardest working people I know. Difference in culture and time. Even so, I feel like he was really lucky.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My old man was quite the player when he was in between marriages. I don't think you want to know the kind of crap he put my mom through before having me and having to settle down. He became a good man because he had to. he's now in his mid 50s , happy, and married 3 times.

I've known several men who played a lot of women when I was in my 20s. They hit on many women, dressed like they were still teenagers, got into fights, went in-and-out of jail, and these women would cling to these guys like they were the last man on Earth. Some were successful, some were addicts, some were average women.

I don't associate myself with these guys anymore, but they were thuggish and total players, and many women couldn't get enough of these guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships