Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 09:18 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,742,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

You don't need 20 awesome guys... you just need one.

I had the same problem as you, either 60 years olds or 20 year olds. Or 40 year olds (my age bracket) that had some weird a$$ **** going on (see: guy who wanted to discuss oral sex before he knew my name, guy who felt women had let themselves completely go because they switched heels when walking downtown for tennis shoes, guy who gave me his resume by way of intro (no, the ACTUAL resume), guy who would only give hotel number, and not cell).

Kinda like the 49'ers. You've got to sift through a lot of worthless stuff to find gold.
Yeah and so many of them are really dumb! Not that I'm a genius by any stretch but I think I'm at least 50 IQ points ahead of several of these guys. Had one demanding that I call him tonight and though I didn't even say I would he got really upset when I didn't but I didn't even know his name. And he thinks I ever will now? Or the ones who say they're 50 but look closer to 70 and then say they're told they look young for their age. Oh my. I thought it was women who lied about that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,256,775 times
Oh...Stepka...I did that Internet dating. I hated it. It was like endless job interviews and meaningless chit chat....I felt like I had died and gone to Hell! Gamers and Bull...ugh. I gave up. It is just not me. I am content now with my friend....

Wish you the best!

Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,678,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yeah and so many of them are really dumb! Not that I'm a genius by any stretch but I think I'm at least 50 IQ points ahead of several of these guys. Had one demanding that I call him tonight and though I didn't even say I would he got really upset when I didn't but I didn't even know his name. And he thinks I ever will now? Or the ones who say they're 50 but look closer to 70 and then say they're told they look young for their age. Oh my. I thought it was women who lied about that stuff.

Hang in there Stepka, it's a long, hard road.

I started online dating almost 3 years ago. The first time was on Match (my dad paid for a one month subscription because he was "worried" about him getting old and me being alone -- ha ha). I met a guy on there, we talked a lot on the phone, then met a couple of times briefly, then I agreed to go out. (I hadn't dated for over 15 years at this point). Without going into details (because they're not exactly PG rated), it was one of the worst episodes of my life, it scared me, made me think I was really stupid and naive and things had changed WAY too much for me, and I came home and pulled my profile and did not date.

I waited another year before trying it again on the free sites. I met a couple of nice men, but nothing beyond a date or two. Same thing as you -- photographs so old I could not recognize them when meeting in public -- old fools with very young children from flings they'd had with 20 year olds -- and men who were unemployed and looking to "fall in love" so they could move in with someone. Yeah right.

Again, I pulled my profiles and waited another year before trying again. A lot of first dates, and I mean A LOT! But so many have met nice people through the online dating, so I'm hoping you do too.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,776,319 times
Its just awful. I had a date Saturday night with a complete ditz! She walks into the bar, sits down and says "lets drink, I need one!". OK....thats fine. She chugs 2 Jack and cokes and a beer. During this time she proceeds to tell me that she's a marriage and family therapist who worked for the state of CA for 12 years. She was then contacted by the state of GA for a job here. She came to GA and didn't like the job, and quit. Then she took a couple of months off and traveled. Came back and started managing a doggie daycare. OK, minor red flag. Why get out of a great career? Well, one could ask me the same, so I don't judge. But here's the kicker. I asked if she'd ever been married, and she said yes. OK..."so the marriage didn't work out?" "No, it didn't." "Why?" "Well, neither of us took it very seriously and only lived in the same house for 2 1/2 out of the five years we were married." Hmm....and you were a marriage and family therapist? So let me get this straight: A marriage and family therapist who doesn't take marriage seriously. She then made a lame excuse telling me she had a "work emergency", something with credit card processing company. This is at 9:30 on a Saturday night (we hasd met at around 8:00, and had an ok conversation up to that point). Yeah, right. So she bolted pretty fast, and after my initial shock of being left on a date (thats a first) I considered myself lucky. I said nothing judgmental or offensive. I didn't press her about not taking marriage seriously. I can't make this stuff up. I'm going to write a f'ing book!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Its just awful. I had a date Saturday night with a complete ditz! She walks into the bar, sits down and says "lets drink, I need one!". OK....thats fine. She chugs 2 Jack and cokes and a beer. During this time she proceeds to tell me that she's a marriage and family therapist who worked for the state of CA for 12 years. She was then contacted by the state of GA for a job here. She came to GA and didn't like the job, and quit. Then she took a couple of months off and traveled. Came back and started managing a doggie daycare. OK, minor red flag. Why get out of a great career? Well, one could ask me the same, so I don't judge. But here's the kicker. I asked if she'd ever been married, and she said yes. OK..."so the marriage didn't work out?" "No, it didn't." "Why?" "Well, neither of us took it very seriously and only lived in the same house for 2 1/2 out of the five years we were married." Hmm....and you were a marriage and family therapist? So let me get this straight: A marriage and family therapist who doesn't take marriage seriously. She then made a lame excuse telling me she had a "work emergency", something with credit card processing company. This is at 9:30 on a Saturday night (we hasd met at around 8:00, and had an ok conversation up to that point). Yeah, right. So she bolted pretty fast, and after my initial shock of being left on a date (thats a first) I considered myself lucky. I said nothing judgmental or offensive. I didn't press her about not taking marriage seriously. I can't make this stuff up. I'm going to write a f'ing book!
A real flake. Was this an online date?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
A real flake. Was this an online date?
Yep, an OK Cupid date. Last one for me. I'm done.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,803,142 times
Quote:
Yep, an OK Cupid date. Last one for me. I'm done.
Good... stay away from the online zoo. Seriously. You will have better luck in the 'real world'.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Good... stay away from the online zoo. Seriously. You will have better luck in the 'real world'.
Theoretically, you're probably right, but I don't just meet women at the gym, grocery store, etc. So what else do I do?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Seriously, why would you say that? Or even think that? Do you really think that men don't lie to get a woman's attention? Please. They certainly do. Not all, but certainly just as many liars are found in both genders.

I'll say it again...patience. Don't analyze. Don't obsess. And don't restrict yourself. Using an online dating site is a great additional venue for meeting people. (And I've already told you that it worked very well for me over the years.) It should not be the only venue, however. Get out once in a while...keep some perspective about what kind of men are out there, and what you, and they, are really looking for. And don't give up.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times
Quote:
You just met this chick. I would never consider such a "date" with someone that I had never even met!!! Your first mistake was agreeing to go out to a bar on a Saturday night, with someone that you have never even met. WHEN will you people ever learn!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships